Husky 365 or Dolmar 6100

huskydusky

Pahaha guess when i struggle some more i will just make my 64 a 7901 :001_tongue:

Did i use the word judge? Did i suggest any of us were? I simply made the point after several asked what he wanted a saw of this size for - whos business is it of any of ours? He asked a question between two saws... not what CC saw should he buy... my point was - unless he is a novice/newbie he will have an idea what size he needs (or just plain wants).

But you right i wouldnt use a 14lb hammer to drive home a thumb tack... id use the 14lb hammer and several 6inch nails :blushing::biggrin:

Quite agree it's his choice, never said it wasn't I was merely trying to establish whether something else maybe more suitable !...:thumbup1:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm afraid the budget won't stretch that far!

Maybe not today anyway, perhaps if you reviewed what diameter you cut & how often you intend to use your saw & for how long, then that may help you make the right decision.

Larger wood may make the 365 a better choice as you have more power

Frequent use may make the 60cc Dolamr (edit) a better choice unless weight isnt a problem

N

Edited by NFG

Maybe not today anyway, perhaps if you reviewed what diameter you cut & how often you intend to use your saw & for how long, then that may help you make the right decision.

Larger wood may make the 365 a better choice as you have more power

Frequent use may make the 60cc Makita a better choice unless weight isnt a problem

N

When you say larger wood,how large do you mean?

Hi

I cut 15 - 24" no problem with my 365, it has a 20" bar and does the job with ease. Anything smaller it flies through.

It just gets a bit heavy when used for limbing as I did once when my smaller saw wouldnt start

N

Edited by NFG

What will be the normal size of wood you're sawing HuskyDusky?

I'm ripping through trunk sections of Oak that are 18-24" at the moment with my Stihl MS391 on a 16" bar, no sweat.

Most of what I cut is smaller, and softer. If you're whizzing through 10-12" logs on a sawhorse then you'll find a 60+cc saw a bit of a lump.

Bearing in mind you'll be doing this:

Start saw, leave to warm up

Pick up log, position in sawhorse.

Back to saw, pick up, knock of chainbrake, start cutting.done.

Engage chain brake, bend over and put saw on the ground.

Pick up sawn logs from working area and pile up out of the way.

Repeat.

This becomes an enormous pain in the arse if your snipping through twigs with a monster.

You'll end up with 9 saws so just buy one and move up/down from there.

What will be the normal size of wood you're sawing HuskyDusky?

I'm ripping through trunk sections of Oak that are 18-24" at the moment with my Stihl MS391 on a 16" bar, no sweat.

Most of what I cut is smaller, and softer. If you're whizzing through 10-12" logs on a sawhorse then you'll find a 60+cc saw a bit of a lump.

Bearing in mind you'll be doing this:

Start saw, leave to warm up

Pick up log, position in sawhorse.

Back to saw, pick up, knock of chainbrake, start cutting.done.

Engage chain brake, bend over and put saw on the ground.

Pick up sawn logs from working area and pile up out of the way.

Repeat.

This becomes an enormous pain in the arse if your snipping through twigs with a monster.

You'll end up with 9 saws so just buy one and move up/down from there.

Whats all this " engage chain brake " nonsense ! ? :biggrin: