Tanaka 3801 and 4501

shavey

Have any of you fine people had any experience with the tanaka chainsaws

Model 3801 and 4501 they look and feel very well built and solid

very similar to the husqvarna 242 XP in size and feel :thumbup::thumbup:

image.jpg.04dbd5ed2919c7f0005b21f89501b8a2.jpg

Edited by shavey

I like this thread Shavey

I have been a Tanaka dealer for many years, selling mostly Brushcutters and Hedgecutters, which are brilliant, in my opinion far more reliable than anything else on the market.

I have sold a few of their saws too, in particular the 3501 and 4501 which have also been vitually problem free. They are difficult to sell as the brand is not associated with saws, and they are not cheap. But they are extremely good, old school saws. I always keep a 4501 in stock.

If their strimmers are anything to go by then they should be good, I quite like the look of the 'ECS3501' very similar in design to the 'Stihl 011av' I had, loved the look of that saw in fact I've Stihl got it in bits in the cupboard down at work so I may rebuild it one day !

They are quite Xpensive though for a not so common brand, just on the off chance does anybody know what the Efco's are like, had a strimmer/multi tool once, built like a brick shithouse and man could it cut !...

I like this thread Shavey

I have been a Tanaka dealer for many years, selling mostly Brushcutters and Hedgecutters, which are brilliant, in my opinion far more reliable than anything else on the market.

I have sold a few of their saws too, in particular the 3501 and 4501 which have also been vitually problem free. They are difficult to sell as the brand is not associated with saws, and they are not cheap. But they are extremely good, old school saws. I always keep a 4501 in stock.

They do look neat and compact Is it right they are owned by hitachi now

Yes they do seem expensive and that long warranty is excellent :thumbup:

I have two of these Tanaka/Hitachi saws...the CS40EK and CS45EL. These work well, up to a point, and are quite light in weight. Spares are a problem both in availability and price, the older of my 2 is now nearly 4 years old and a replacement carb was £76 + vat. At £300+ for a new CS45 (if you can find one) I think you'd be better off looking at an Echo which would be a better buy - more expensive but well-built with masses of grunt and a good spares system in place.

I have two of these Tanaka/Hitachi saws...the CS40EK and CS45EL. These work well, up to a point, and are quite light in weight. Spares are a problem both in availability and price, the older of my 2 is now nearly 4 years old and a replacement carb was £76 + vat. At £300+ for a new CS45 (if you can find one) I think you'd be better off looking at an Echo which would be a better buy - more expensive but well-built with masses of grunt and a good spares system in place.

With respect, the CS45EL is a Tanaka saw. It is a proven, and almost bombproof saw and the Tanaka spares system is excellent through the UK importer, FGMClaymore via the dealer network.

As for finding one, again no problem. I keep one on the shelf and replacements only take 3 days.

Echo spares however.......

With respect, the CS45EL is a Tanaka saw. It is a proven, and almost bombproof saw and the Tanaka spares system is excellent through the UK importer, FGMClaymore via the dealer network.

As for finding one, again no problem. I keep one on the shelf and replacements only take 3 days.

Echo spares however.......

Opposite experience; Tanaka parts just not interested, Echo on the ball (recently). Dealers more than 50% of the experience that said.

Yes they are owned now by Hitachi, maybe a good thing, I too have used Tanaka hedge trimmers over the yrs and can't fault them, lovely sound too.

Thanks you can see on the tanaka catalogue which saws are influenced by hitachi very distinctive orange and grey

the tanaka saws are straight orange :thumbup: