Ebay log grab

Pedrod316

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Price and application come to mind here. Some of these cheap grabs/rotators would probably last a lifetime if only used occasionally and on a small crane. The ones I have been looking at recently at shows just dont look heavy duty enough in construction to poke up with prolonged use at their advertised capacity. If on a budget I would go for a quality rusty second hand grab over a Chinese shiny new one.That big uniforest grab looks the biz :)

Bob

Trouble is how do you know what is chinese rubbish & not untill it arrives on your door step!?

What do you think of the uniforest grab? Or what other brand do you use/reccomend

Cheers

I think it comes back to intended use, cheap chinese will serve you well if you are not beating it to death on a daily basis, if your are then you need to step up to a quality unit.

Edit, the grab on our artic trailer is Jonsered with a rotorex rotator, it opens up to about 2.5mts. That has been abused for over fifteen years now and never had any repairs in that time. From memory that was about £750 from ebay.

Bob

Edited by aspenarb

Trouble is how do you know what is chinese rubbish & not untill it arrives on your door step!?

What do you think of the uniforest grab? Or what other brand do you use/reccomend

Cheers

What ya gonna use it for?... Uniforest is darn good value for money no doubt :thumbup1: But I wouldn't put one on a forwarder...

For instance tapping the logs in flush to a timber stack will muller a Uniforest.

Just general site use , picking up pipes/odd stones etc snd some log dutys, but nothing like on industrial scale in the woods/forwarder stuff etc

But at same time something that you can use with out having to worry it is going to snap/bend when it looks at something if you get my drift!

We got the Uni 1300 on a 5 tonne excavator; it's slightly bent now but done a lot of work.

None of these are upto the Cranab / Hultdins standards but neither do they cost their money.

Does the 1300 come with the hardox steel?

Has the ram got good clamping power?