Wedding in wood request

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No licence means the wedding (or civil partnership) will be void. Not sure how it is in England but I think you would be unlikely to get one for a woodland unless there is ruin or it is an extension of a established wedding business. They could get married somewhere nearby and say their vows in the woodland perhaps

No licence means the wedding (or civil partnership) will be void. Not sure how it is in England but I think you would be unlikely to get one for a woodland unless there is ruin or it is an extension of a established wedding business. They could get married somewhere nearby and say their vows in the woodland perhaps

Ah, I see. Thanks Lucan. What about the insurance side of things? I assume if I don't charge them then no problem?

Hi all,

I've had a request from a young couple to get married in my family wood. They'd like to bring abour twenty guests. My question is how do I stand on that legally? I'm minded to say yes but don't want any comeback. What do you all think?

Take the money and run! :thumbup1:

It's in the woods, who'd ever know!

Unless it's BBC's 'Don't Tell The Bride'...

In which case as many as 12 people may see you on telly, so be careful :001_huh:

Ah, I see. Thanks Lucan. What about the insurance side of things? I assume if I don't charge them then no problem?

Maybe best contacting NFU about woodland insurance, it's cheap and once you get it you can ask them as may questions as you like. There are some examples of risk assessments for woodland events you can google which give you a good idea of things to consider though. But at the very least consider hanging branches, visable fractures, max wind speed, etc (ie if something happened could it have been prevented?)