Looking for Cutters / Harvesting Contractors in the South West.

arboriculturist

I can move the last of the chestnut to those that have not had the prime species off us but the softwood is proving a tough nut to crack. We burn some and have two customers who had some when we had nothing else but beyond that it's been a no go. I don't blame them to be fair. I don't reckon you get any more kWh per pound with soft at £70 and hard at £100 and it's taking up that much more space and needs loading into the fire more often :001_rolleyes:

Easier to light, less ash, burns hotter...?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Youe sure about that?

Had some softwood that's been here 2+ years and can't budge it. Had complaints for some regulars with only small amounts of chestnut added to the load. "Dont bring me any of that yellow stuff again" was the phrase used.

Sure if I kicked it out at £60 per cube it would move but would not be worth the hassle for that.

Have you an 8 wheeler load of softwood roundwood - i'd be happy to have it (depending on species of course). :001_smile:

£58 delivered

U say it's expensive and you want processor size

And only access for 8 wheeler

That's why may be u can't get wood!

Everyone is able to negotiate the price they pay for timber providing you are able to commit to multiple loads.

For me that is more than I need to pay.

Some people label timber processor size when in fact it is far from it.

If I was a significant harvester I would be looking to give my customers what they need, not what I want to shift.

All the rest can go for chip, We all need to stand together on this,