CLA Gain Fair Harewood House Leeds

IanW

My wife and I went Sunday, left home in Newcastle at 6.20am (remembering the last time we went to game fair at Harewood the last 5 miles took an hour and a half to travel), drove straight in to the site and parked up at 8.20am - brilliant.

£30 is steep to get in but we bought our tickets online for £25. I would agree with previous comments that there did not seem to be the same number of stalls as previous CLA game fairs we have been to and it was laid out a bit hap hazard, maybe so you didnt realise there were not the same number of stalls. Never the less, we still had a cracking day, bought lots, watched the Timbersports for a bit and got a load of Stihl freebies plus they had all the clothing marked down to £5 per item.

Didn't leave until 6pm and drove straight out so no complaints at all on traffic front and the weather was good yesterday.

We were straight in and out as yourself. Fantastic. Lad on the main road gate was a bit dopey though.

So how many polo shirts and tops did you buy? I spent a fair few quid there. :laugh1:

It was a bit haphazard as you say. Nothing seemed to flow that well. We got in at 9am and left around 4pm with hands full and worn out kids. We all had a great day to be fair but had gone with the intention of a fun relaxing day out.

Only gripe I had was my 12 year old daughter shooting a better card on the air rifles than me and she's never tried them before. She beat me by 2 points and insists on reinding me at every opportunity. :sneaky2: Now she wants an air rifle of her own so she can come out shooting with me. Truth be told, I'm chuffed to bits she wants to enjoy a sport I enjoy and spend more time with me. :thumbup:

Was a bit disappointed in the hot roast beef sandwich at £6.20 which arrived quickly but was a huge let down due to it's size and taste. Was poor. I know and went ready for ramped up prices on food but was shocked at how small they were when handed over.

Shame it was so slippery due to saturdays rain but decent boots as suggested made light work of it. Overall we really enjoyed our relaxed family day out. :thumbup1:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images