Best investment for small businesses?

Treeation

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a pension worth doing ?. I have looked carefully at investments over the last ten years. Pensions look a complete rip off the only person to guarantee a good wedge of your hard earned is the stuffed shirt and tie that signs you up. Land I think is worth doing. Buy to let needs very careful looking at or you will end up giving cheap housing to careless chavs.

Tractors tools and plant are a good investment in your business and keep your tax bills down. Need to remember I think the 1/2 million capital allowance has gone and you can only spend 26k a year.

Step of the gas occasionally invest in your self and take an extended holiday see the world we are not here long.

Is there a pension worth doing ?. I have looked carefully at investments over the last ten years. Pensions look a complete rip off the only person to guarantee a good wedge of your hard earned is the stuffed shirt and tie that signs you up. Land I think is worth doing. Buy to let needs very careful looking at or you will end up giving cheap housing to careless chavs.

Tractors tools and plant are a good investment in your business and keep your tax bills down. Need to remember I think the 1/2 million capital allowance has gone and you can only spend 26k a year.

Step of the gas occasionally invest in your self and take an extended holiday see the world we are not here long.

The providers of pensions can take a great chunk out of your paments in the initial years. The positive is that you make payments BEFORE paying tax so the payments are tax free, the negatives are the constrictions of drawing down the pension and paying tax when you do draw it down - these are better now than a few years back.

Personally, I am a fan of equity ISAs, you invest after paying tax but they are tax free when you pull the money out inclusive of any gains. The only tax you pay is on the dividends that are in the make up of the ISA you are investing in (Thanks to Gordon Brown) but the provider does that bit for you.

I can't advise but just say what works for me. Property buy to let have both rental income and property increasing value, equity has dividends and stocks value increase. The important bit with both is to RE-INVEST the inreases giving compound increases in value! That is what really counts!

I think its drops to £200k from 1st Jan 2016.