Wholesale bulk firewood ideas

Big J

Put it in crates you can double them up we have had a lot go out cubic stacked crate £95 ON big order or 11o each on 5 loose you get 1.5 cube all high grade

Stacking means handling though. Loose means you never have to touch the firewood.

Briquette seller: payback would be complete after about 1340 cubic metres/650 tonnes. That's assuming I do none of the labour myself and just hire folk in.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats the matter with geo edwards timber then its cheep its been down a while seems on here people shout they want cord they get the offer and don't follow through or haven't got the muller. Geoff has ash at 40 rs why did you not take him up :sneaky2:

I KNOW IT WAS THERE HAS I HAD 8 LOADS AT 37

I was suggesting id love another lorry load of the soft wood logs i bought. Do i no a geoff? Ive never spoke to a geoff regarding cord as far as i aware?!

Stacking means handling though. Loose means you never have to touch the firewood.

Briquette seller: payback would be complete after about 1340 cubic metres/650 tonnes. That's assuming I do none of the labour myself and just hire folk in.

why waste time with firewood if the sawmilling is taking off big style, it's not exactly great money.

Sawmilling isn't taking off bigstyle as such. I'm still a one man band with about 40hrs a week of contract/casual labour, but business is pretty good. I'm just drawn to firewood processors - also the numbers element (how many bags can we do per hour, can we beat that etc) appeals to the autistic streak in me! Nothing is every to comparable or quantifiable in sawmilling.

Which processor are you thinking about?

I've always fancied a mill, as you always get a lot of nice timber that could easily be milled in to beams, sleepers, posts etc.

Dunno how much demand there is for untreated beams and sleepers?

Always seems a waste nice quality timber going for firewood and chip.

Also would be handy for pallet and,box repairs.

If there was big demand for softwood logs would there not be a firewood plant v close to a large softwood timber processor, picking up the low quality logs?

The large firewood log market in high pop areas could surely be met by large lowland forests closer to the market?

Haulage of loose m3 logs would be more bulky than unprocessed round wood?

Sorry for being negative, but milling, kilning is probably more profitable than softwood firewood.

If there was big demand for softwood logs would there not be a firewood plant v close to a large softwood timber processor, picking up the low quality logs?

The large firewood log market in high pop areas could surely be met by large lowland forests closer to the market?

Haulage of loose m3 logs would be more bulky than unprocessed round wood?

Sorry for being negative, but milling, kilning is probably more profitable than softwood firewood.

No apology required Ben - I'd rather folk were realistic, even if it was negative. I think I'm just trying to justify new toys!

B_S - Trak-met (company from whom I'm purchasing my mill) do a very solid looking processor with a rapid cycle time, high production rate and 25t splitter.

If there was big demand for softwood logs would there not be a firewood plant v close to a large softwood timber processor, picking up the low quality logs?.

The logs are cut to sawmill's specification and quality requirements, if they were hauling timber to mill and it wasn't millable quality then they'll simply reject load, not pick through it.

I think softwood use is perhaps increasing due to lack of/price of hardwood and increasing consumer awareness that it's perfectly good firewood.