Getting started?

TheHungrySquirrel

I don't want you to take this the wrong way but, you obviously ain't going hungry. Jay said he might be able to help you out, ok he's in the north west and you are in Kent, four'ish hour drive? If the sums work out do it!.... It's summer so you can sleep in the back of the van or in a tent. Get the experience and a few quid at the same time.

I've worked for myself for a few years yet I still work away for a few days at a time now and again, needs must and all that. I got two days work up north last week, ok, that two days paid a weeks money so for me was a no brainer. Slept in the back of the van on an air bed (Mrs Egg thinks I'm mad) for not getting a B&B. If ya want the work, money and experience you will do what it takes.

Best of luck.

I'm nearly at that point. Luckily the missus earns a good wage but I hate taking money from her for everything. I'll have a think about travelling that far for work but it's something to consider.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had 3 emails this week alone off lads wanting to start in tree work, I have a lad who has just done 3 years at college with no real life work experience and 2 other lads who want to have a go at tree work, there is a glut of new starters in this game

I have had 3 emails this week alone off lads wanting to start in tree work, I have a lad who has just done 3 years at college with no real life work experience and 2 other lads who want to have a go at tree work, there is a glut of new starters in this game

Hopefully I'm a little more than a starter, I have a good knowledge of wood from green woodwork and furniture/framing work.

I'm love to you and I've offered you work on numerous occasions, and not been taken up yet. I'm looking to employ and so could provide training and experience for you doing primarily arbwork and could I nd a use for your green woodworking skills also. Give me a call.

I'm love to you and I've offered you work on numerous occasions, and not been taken up yet. I'm looking to employ and so could provide training and experience for you doing primarily arbwork and could I nd a use for your green woodworking skills also. Give me a call.

Local*

There's a lot of snobbery and elitism in this business. It can be quite cliquey and hard to break into if you weren't brought up in the industry. There are also other factors at play like the working man being constantly asked to do more for less. Globaisation, corpoate greed, white collar corruption etc. Get your climbing assessment done and drive on from there.

That snobbery you talk about, i have seen nothing of that in this trade.

Rather the other way around.

Arb trade have supplied me with down to earth honest fair genuine folks.

Local*