cs100 blades - best place to buy?

Big T

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's horses for courses people, the greenmech v jo beau seems to be the new "stihl v husky" debate.....! They are what they are, I bought a greenmech as I prefer the machine, it's British and one came along at the right price! Prices of spares must come into the equation but either machine is a good one! I like the removable cassette in the cs100, someone put some time and thought into that one!:)

Timberwolf 18/100 are about 90 + vat a set. How many sharpens are you getting from those blades??

The timberwolf is a good machine but in my opinion (having owned the earlier model which is almost identical) is that it is somewhat outdated due to its disc chipping system, small indeed, infeed hopper height and physical size! Not to mention the huge difference in cost between it and the greenmech/jo beau equivalent machines. Narrow access machines are the way forwards for me and alot of others, but you can also leave these machines in a trailer and have a trailed chipper if required. Best of both worlds!

The timberwolf isn't the best chipper out there for the money when new, I can't see why they so expensive, but used they make lots of sense. I bought mine used for 2k over a new cs100 and it tackled every job I threw at it, made enough to upgrade to a Jensen now so will probably sell it soon.. Will be a sad day!

Well here's my contribution to the thread - the aftermath of my first CS100 blade change - even with heat and releasing oil first, that's a good quality star drive set ruined. I think one of the small bits that shattered is currently embedded in my trailer tyre. An otherwise great machine.

20150706_190001.jpg.0c7271d73f4517933adbc4623b394bd3.jpg