Ms261c problem (cutting out)

mart

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

blindstickinsect on ebay. I had some carb bits and clutch springs no problem but a few have complained about service and quality. He has a shop called tree and grass spares on eBay but there are others on there like garden hire spares that I use as well it's best to check round and see who has what before you jump in and it still goes awry sometimes :D

I asked about metal cage bearings at Spire bearings as I was dubious about plastic and he assured me that the plastic cages are well up to the job if they are looked after and of a good quality to begin with and they retain lubricant better and stay cooler than metal cage. The cage is only there to locate the bearings which are the part that do the work.

I asked about metal cage bearings at Spire bearings as I was dubious about plastic and he assured me that the plastic cages are well up to the job if they are looked after and of a good quality to begin with and they retain lubricant better and stay cooler than metal cage. The cage is only there to locate the bearings which are the part that do the work.

I remember that on a push bike crank , if and when the metal gage collapsed you could remove the shrapnel of the old cage and just replace it with one extra ball . Stick them in with some grease and it lasted for ever . Anyone tried adding an extra rollar and leaving the cage out ?

I remember that on a push bike crank , if and when the metal gage collapsed you could remove the shrapnel of the old cage and just replace it with one extra ball . Stick them in with some grease and it lasted for ever . Anyone tried adding an extra rollar and leaving the cage out ?

The cage stops the rollers rubbing against each other, I imagine its insignificant at bike speeds but catastrophic at 11k rpm