wood turning

plippy

cheers for the advice guys will look into it,also ian i dont want to do anythig to tecnical just start at the bottom and work my way up, so any pics you have would be a great help as i no nothing about it at all

many thanks

I think the record lathes are good choice, You need to think what space you have for the lathe that will decide what you get too. I started with a face plate,revolving center and a fixed center, started with mushrooms and then worked my way up.

When i do another goblet i'll take pics in stages to show you, How much do you want to spend do you want to buy new or second hand? Good tools are robert sorby they do a starter set for about £100. My Lathe is a myford ml8 i paid £80 for it and thats doubled in price at least now and that was from ebay. I'll get some pics on soon.

cheers ian, looking forward to the pics, i met raafbeard 2day for a coffee, he was sayin theres a workshop at the local skool and that its pretty cheap 2 attend, so will check it out, but do send some pics as u mite av something i mite buy and my customers are always asking about wood products so would be nice to show some pics, ya never know mite sell some for ya.

[email protected]

wow ian they are fantastic, i take it that u need to of bin doin it a while to be that good.

when i email my estimates to customers i always put some pics in with other freinds work, i help out where i can. will email ya if anyone asks for some

wil let ya know how the workshop goes

cheers ian