Hedge trimming

Rupe

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, years ago the were a few labs researching a drug for breast cancer and they competed to get the clippings so the rates were better. Then one company came up with the drug and it went to testing for two years so no more clippings required.

Now the drug is in production by one company only and they need some clippings but not too much and they don't pay as much. Thats my understanding anyway. My client never accepts any money for them anyway, or she sends it to a cancer charity.

nice job rupe, we are starting the third week of a four week hedge trimming job. 3-4 of us and a cherry picker!!

Hi mate. Good luck!! I didn't think you did such stuff? WHat sort of hedge?

I do a lot of work at a Castle near me with tons of yew hedges. The gardeners start them when the castle closes to visitors at the end of October and they aim to finish them by christmas but I've not known them to succeed yet!

Dean,

Stihl all the way. 2x combi tools one with short pole trimmer attachment for the tops, and one with long pole trimmer attachment for top edges of the sides and any harder to reach areas and one 1m extension for the towers.

Then two single sided trimmers, one of the very long ones and one short one. I've got the older style stihl ones which i like better than the new ones although they vibrate a bit more.

Dean,

Stihl all the way. 2x combi tools one with short pole trimmer attachment for the tops, and one with long pole trimmer attachment for top edges of the sides and any harder to reach areas and one 1m extension for the towers.

Then two single sided trimmers, one of the very long ones and one short one. I've got the older style stihl ones which i like better than the new ones although they vibrate a bit more.

Nice one

I use the HT75 with a hedgetrimmer head on really useful but unweildy

Hi mate. Good luck!! I didn't think you did such stuff? WHat sort of hedge?

I do a lot of work at a Castle near me with tons of yew hedges. The gardeners start them when the castle closes to visitors at the end of October and they aim to finish them by christmas but I've not known them to succeed yet!

well ive spent 6 days on it so far but bens on it for the whole stretch(he volunteered!! im trying to mix it up so no one gets too bord, its all sorts yew, beech, conifer, laurel. i think we might finish a week early so i cant moan!!

i dont mind a bit of hedge trimming, you cant do trees all the time!!