self propelled chipper (Shreks wee chipper)

Stephen Blair

Well watching the video of that I'd rather load it into a truck/trailer and rasher it down with a chainsaw, save my money and get a proper chipper.

Perfectly understandable reaction. I remember standing at several trade shows looking at these "silly little chippers" thinking what wrong with just getting a proper one.

Well, like many, I've been there and done it and had the t-shirt, dragged and dragged, fed big chippers and bigger chippers, chippers on Mogs, chippers on

Fastracs, you know what? I'd rather use my little un these days, than pay more people to walk back and forth with twigs. It's not a tool for every job, like a 020t isn't for every part of a job, but it is the right tool at the right time, other times only a big chipper will do.

Perfectly understandable reaction. I remember standing at several trade shows looking at these "silly little chippers" thinking what wrong with just getting a proper one.

Well, like many, I've been there and done it and had the t-shirt, dragged and dragged, fed big chippers and bigger chippers, chippers on Mogs, chippers on

Fastracs, you know what? I'd rather use my little un these days, than pay more people to walk back and forth with twigs. It's not a tool for every job, like a 020t isn't for every part of a job, but it is the right tool at the right time, other times only a big chipper will do.

it's not a macho thing Andy it's a finance thing, a TW or Jensen tow behind can be pushed by two blokes almost anywhere, if its really tricky hire a couple of plonkers to drag brush for eighty quid a day, you're going to have to take the wood out anyway. I work for a few landscapers out here who have these sort of things and they're not worth the effort. Just my opinion of course.

I filled my truck with my cs100 today. Less than an hour of chipping in all. Conifer and cherry. It's got a bent chute as it fell of the trailer a few months ago so it fires towards one side of the truck, still the middle Ish. But I'm still made up with it. Has a brilliant chip throw. Haven't used it a great deal but It is always a great chipper to use!

Well,

So far, I've not lost a job in a year due to not being able to access with the quad and I've not had any miserably unviable drags to contend with either.

I also don't envisage I will lose any significant work from not owning a wee chipper anymore either as I would just price it accordingly.

So in my book my CS100 would have earned me zilch and rusted slightly for a year.

Shame, because I was very attached to the wee chipper but I can't have it all...

Last week I met a guy on a job locally who was filling up skips with branches as he reckoned that was cheaper than using a chipper!

80 for the skip and 80 for the fill.

Each to his own...

The glasses in the cupboards start rumbling. "Ah, the arb is there to clean the fourteen hundred twigs they pruned out of the oaks in the backyard".

Dragging two inch diameter brush for three hundred yards putting it in a two hundred hp chipper. :D :D :D :D

The glasses in the cupboards start rumbling. "Ah, the arb is there to clean the fourteen hundred twigs they pruned out of the oaks in the backyard".

Dragging two inch diameter brush for three hundred yards putting it in a two hundred hp chipper. :D :D :D :D

I don't cut my 50 inch diameter trees down with a zubat.