self propelled chipper (Shreks wee chipper)

Stephen Blair

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Yesterday I groundied for my partner and had our biggest grossing day yet at €960

Working like a fury feeding our CS100 trying to keep up with Seb dropping coni all over the show.

The chipper jammed twice good and proper with dead dry Thujia twigs.

Its a design flaw, a bloody nusiance which cost an hour if down time to fix.

The blades need a hatch to access caught material.

Still, the thing is on 82h and doesn't often let us down this way.

Ty

Hello,

I am going to write to G.M to offer my feedback on the CS100

Of course, I am pleased and proud of my machine.

It impresses my clients, surprises my collaborators and no doubt my competitors shake with laughter when they see it on the back of my trailer but rarely do they see it in action.

I want to see it improved, so I can buy another only better.

The freeing off after jamming is too much effort at times.

Lack of really good tie down points.

Expensive blades.

Where too now?

Self propelled auto feed bigger brother but still compact?

What if the engine was lower, say below the feed chute and it had 3 wheels with a tow handle to pull it along?

Ty

Hey Ty,

If you jam it, sit it down on the infeed chute, take the belt cover off and rotate the drum (use the hole in the shaft end) anti clock until it turns freely. Then start engine whilst it is still upended and when at full rpm - sit it back on the stand.

I take onboard you comments ref tying down - I 'll photograph one on a trailor for you as a guide. If you want a handle and another wheel it has been considered but we are trying to keep costs down you know:sneaky2:

Best regards

Just don't jam it up like this, you'll never turn these out with the drum attached!

Pete the hole isn't big enough on the drum I find. The only things that fit it are combi spammers and little screwdrivers. Which Bend when you need to use some force!

I'll find a pic of it strapped to our trailer. Works well. But that front leg likes to bounce!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1301552303.046589.jpg.801158ff62de77ec461ed750671b3b72.jpg

Rob, the tools you are using are not built for that job. Get a lithle crow bar and reverse the roller from inside the hopper, turn it off climb inside and edge it back.

OR just don't jam it lol

Yeah we have a workshop full of tools. But every bar that's perfect just doesn't quite fit!

I like the idea of climbing in and doing it. Would save time. And I don't try and jam it. I leave it for a bit running after I've finished chipping and give it a good shake to check everythings gone. Those bits came outta nowhere!

Pete,

When it jams we do all of those things.

But believe me, I'm not posting to winge but to generate discussion about improvements.

If you don't believe the jamming issue is an 'issue' then more fool you.

There are times when 3 grown men and any number of metal bars cannot shift dead thujia twigs from the jammed blades easily (ie) without a chuffing gurt sweary session!

Prevention is better than cure. I wont chip dead stuff with mine, it isnt worth the whacked fingers and skint knuckles, it doesnt even chip it very well either. I think if they made an easy access hatch then people would chop their fingers off trying to make short cuts.