Disposal of woodchips

Mac McLennan

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please send any unwanted wood chips ...pretty please !!!! ... I need tonnes and tonnes of the stuff to keep topping up riding paddock ... willing to pay fuel or have tipper truck at the ready ...

can be a regular tipping ground if you like ... just call 07731511730

based between solihull and warwick

Yeah iv'e heard of them before. Im kind of interested in permaculture forest gardening e.g. though im skeptical of some of the claims made for how productive theese ideas can be compared to conventional methods. You can't beat well rotted horse manure as a fertillizer :001_smile:

The Cloak & dagger stuff is funny. Like its some magic new invention that he is going to get rich from so doesn't want anyone else to steal lol. People do pay several 100's of pounds though to be taught about permaculture design.

Edited by face cord

I might be wrong but, I think you need an exemption rather than a licence. For up to 1000 cubic meters of wood chip.

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/commondata/acrobat/wmx12__guidance_1473380.pdf

This is exactly what you need... just be mindful of proximity to water courses ect. prior to the application.

If you have decent hard-standing then sell it for Biomass and or landscapingo.

Can get a income stream. you will need to load a artic to make it work but local farmer may come for a couple of ££ every week to sort out your pile and load an artic for you,,,

good luck,

:thumbup1:

Have experimented with both mixing in woodchip in deep beds and using woodchip as a deep bed base. Generally results were not good for the mixing woodchip but woodchip as a base produced good results especially in times of drought. Would certainly recommend the technique for arid climates.

Wish somebody would pay me for Permies courses I normally end up giving it as free advice.

Edited by renewablejohn

• 1 month later...
OK. This is an old thread but let's see if we can revive it a little.

I have a business idea I am working on based on a model in the States that is doing well. If it all works out then I think I can help you guys shift a lot of wood chips in cities and the country in a year or so.

I will be looking for people with a professional attitude who will deliver what is asked for and no more and not fly-by-night dumpers with no respect for the people wanting their waste. We shall be maintaining and publishing a list of black booked dodgy scammers so please, don't do it. (Not saying you would but just in case) Also, the chips needed must be from a whole tree and not just a ton of pine needles and should contain NO whole branches. The wood MUST be chipped.

At the moment I need around 266.5 cubic inches of wood chips so if anyone has any to deliver in the Downham area of Kent (Nr Bromley) please let me know. I have to cover an area 40 ft by 20 ft in four inches of chips. I will need more next year also. This is for a proof of concept plot at my own home. What I do NOT want is two tons more than I need dumped on me. If you can deliver the agreed amount then that's great. I will add your name to the list of reliable suppliers who can furnish my area in future.

If this idea succeeds and takes off the way it has in the States then a growing list of outlets for you guys around the country is inevitable. So what do you say? Will you help me to help you?

I am not interested in paying by the bag for this stuff so only contact me if you are willing to deliver for free. Later, if you want to try and negotiate prices with others that is up to you, though I think those who are willing to deliver for free will get the most attention. Obviously. We are simply providing an outlet for your waste that will save you money in the long run.

Let me know guys. Contact me at this email address: george (dot) rolph (at) gmail (dot) com.

:thumbup1:

Please treat this comment tongue in cheek -

Apart from the maths issue (we all do that from time to time) this idea sounds like a scam! someone delivers a perfect free load for you to 'assess' and maybe develop a business partnership from there - hmmm

Just me being old and cynical - good luck