not happy with finished job

testcricket01

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a thought but would you fell said tree rather than 'butcher' it?

in some instances yes i would but in the majority no i wouldnt , but neither would a butcher it ! if the client does not want to carry out the work that i as an arborist have recomended or the work the the tree consultant then clearly they are noot looking for a tree surgeon and nor are they willing to pay what a will charge !! im sorry guys im not a tree snob but i became a tree surgeon/ arborist because i actully care about trees and want to work in the trees best intrest as much as possible :001_smile:

Edited by combined tree services

! im sorry guys im not a tree snob but i became a tree surgeon/ arborist because i actully care about trees and want to work in the trees best intrest as much as possible :001_smile:

Pack up your chainsaw now then :001_tongue:

JK

The reason I asked was because if we are talking about morals and best arb practice then surely felling is the worst kind of arb practice we can do.(Unless of course its to reintroduce native species of trees,mosses etc)

Most of the time I would rather butcher a tree(ie top it) than see it felled, well from a good pratice side anyway. Sometimes though I do think they look awful and a fell and replant would be better. I doubt the tree would agree though :001_smile:

Well- yea, if it is the wrong tree in the wrong place-fell it an replant A crap reduction is bad fr the treee and bad fr yr business. If standards in this industry are irrevelant-justas long as we get the cash in, what the hell are the Arb Ass and ISA for then? In fact, TO 's should be firmer abt work allowed in some circumstances, just like LA planning officers ( ' oh -you can't have that shed there....ect' ) A **** tree is as bad as **** extensions or such like...

K ( who feels strongly about this)

Well- yea, if it is the wrong tree in the wrong place-fell it an replant A crap reduction is bad fr the treee and bad fr yr business. If standards in this industry are irrevelant-justas long as we get the cash in, what the hell are the Arb Ass and ISA for then? In fact, TO 's should be firmer abt work allowed in some circumstances, just like LA planning officers ( ' oh -you can't have that shed there....ect' ) A **** tree is as bad as **** extensions or such like...

K ( who feels strongly about this)

Yeah but a felled tree is even worse for the tree and just as bad for your business.

Not arguing over a poor reduction (which is also debatable)but sometimes its better than a fell.

Interesting topic. I had a climber with me a while back, very slow and careful with his work. He did a lovely reduction of one birch, which still looks good to this day, but he was supposed to get 2 trees done by lunch, yet only 1 was done. The boss showed up and sent another climber up the other tree, and literally flat-topped it to get the job done in the time-span. Now test-cricket hasnt said how long he took to do his trees, but as a business sometimes timing a job becomes an issue to a company, money has to be made, and sometimes money take priority over the welfare of the tree, esp when times are hard.

Do we really care for trees? If the trees had a voice, would they want anything cut off them at all? We do it to make a living, we do it because we love it, we do it for mans' convenience, I dont think we care for trees, we care about trees.

As far as a bad reduction goes, I dont think there is any need for it at all, either reduce it properly, pollard where appropriate, or remove/replant.

I actually think we don't pollard enough-funnily, it can be a good management scheme on the right species, often much better than reduction- as you can get a good flowing branch line with subsequent thinning. Limeus Stickius being the natural candidate. Or willow.

K

( Tilia -)