Unimog troulble

dazlog

Having bother with my u1500. Engine`s gona cost to much to fix, looking for replacement one. Going to try and do as much myself to keep price down. Any idea`s you unimog owner`s, arc ur the nearest to me where do you go?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are going to do an engine swap,consider removing the cab.Its not a big job with a hiab and once its off taking the engine out with said hiab or minidigger would be little trouble.

I recently removed the cab on mine,I coded all the air and electric connections as well as photographing them.It made it a breeze to reconnect everything when you have codes and a lap top to veiw the pictures.

Thanks again Mike, yes got forklift for the cab was looking at the cab mount`s earlier just looking for replacement engine. Had to happen just as quite abit of work has come in and not long done injector`s and fuel pump and turbo:sad:

No point in taking the cab off, tilt it up as far as you can and then attach a ratchet winch to it and use that to lower the cab even futher forward, the straight edge of the front wings(bit with indicator in) can be parallell with the ground. Undo propshaft bolts, exhaust, starter wiring,alternator and oil, temp sender wiring, heater and rad hoses, move hydraulic pump and steering pump out of way. Undo center bolt on gearchange, spool valve panel, disconnect linkages for gearbox and move to one side, undo engine mounting bolts and lift engine/PTO box out in one- simple

Thanks again Mike, yes got forklift for the cab was looking at the cab mount`s earlier just looking for replacement engine. Had to happen just as quite abit of work has come in and not long done injector`s and fuel pump and turbo:sad:

Can you not strip off turbo and pumpfor second hand or even against the cost of new lump maybe?