Lets See Your Mountain bikes.

John Hancock

Good guess. Saracen Kili racer '92.

Not bad for a nearly 20 old bike. Good old e bay. Its been fully restored with a lot of new bits on it. I feel liek I cheated buyign someone elses project so I might have to keep an eye out for another to work on.

Anyone got an old saracen in their mums garage they want to shift?

That's a cracking bike rupe, thought it had to be a few years old from your previous shots, if only because I've not seen biopace chainrings for decades, very tasty:thumbup1:

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good guess. Saracen Kili racer '92.

Not bad for a nearly 20 old bike. Good old e bay. Its been fully restored with a lot of new bits on it. I feel liek I cheated buyign someone elses project so I might have to keep an eye out for another to work on.

Anyone got an old saracen in their mums garage they want to shift?

Hi Rupe,

What sort of money do they go for in reasonable condition? I have a hankering, but I'm only a biker when they have 4 wheels and an engine. :001_smile:

Do you have a hankering to buy one or a hankering to sell one? Prices vary depending on model and spec, but an old early 90's saracen thats seen better days would only go for £20, or so, and the restorations are done more for love than money, certainly the one I bought cost me way less than the sum of the parts that went into it.

Do you have a hankering to buy one or a hankering to sell one? Prices vary depending on model and spec, but an old early 90's saracen thats seen better days would only go for £20, or so, and the restorations are done more for love than money, certainly the one I bought cost me way less than the sum of the parts that went into it.

Buy one. They just look pretty ace :001_smile:

There are not many that are restored for sale, like I say most are rebuilt for the love of it and kept. I know some guys with 6-8 bikes in the garage. This one was restored but the owner had to sell (I'm thinking, kids,wife, space, etc.) so I got a bargain. If I get another I'll build it myself.

I know, brings back good memories! Biopace was of course completely pointless!

Yep completely pointless but it all sounded soooo promising at the time and the science seemed to hold water, history has proved otherwise. Mind you I still like the theory:blushing:

It'll interesting to if electronic shifting goes the same way long term:001_rolleyes:

Smooth. Not really into it, but I fancy something of that "look" not that model in particular, but it does look smart

:thumbup:

£10? :001_tt2:

Ha ha, no mine is fully restored so £10 wouldn't get you very far, but old ones that are hanging start at around that price.

I wouldn't particularly choose this model either but it came up. If I ever found another frame that I liked more then I now have all the bits for it. The frame on mine is a bit more unusual and probably worth about £50 on its own.