which saw??

stihl fan

What is the 365 like on the 24 inch bar? I'd like a 70cc saw but wouldn't get used often enough to pay out for a ms441/461

Hi

It runs 20" fine on mine, I would imagine 24 OK or consider the transfer port mod to give it a bit more ompf if a bit more power required.

Semi skip or skip chain as suggested if its available

N

• 1 month later...

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A long overdue thanks you for all your replies have had some computer issues and only able to look in at forum on the mobile.

Have looked at a few saws since and i think the husky 550xp or stihl 261cm with about 16 inch bar will serve 95% of my needs. I met a couple of local professional users and made a point of asking their opinions, interesting because it certainly cut through a lot of the 'ol sales pitch bull. They also put strong emphasis on decent ppe ( hence my new post)

For the moment the heart says husky, the head says Stihl!

A long overdue thanks you for all your replies have had some computer issues and only able to look in at forum on the mobile.

Have looked at a few saws since and i think the husky 550xp or stihl 261cm with about 16 inch bar will serve 95% of my needs. I met a couple of local professional users and made a point of asking their opinions, interesting because it certainly cut through a lot of the 'ol sales pitch bull. They also put strong emphasis on decent ppe ( hence my new post)

For the moment the heart says husky, the head says Stihl!

Ppe and knowledge are the key to safe use of a saw the 550xp is a great saw with a 15" bar. It will allow you to cut a whole lot of wood. They get up to speed quick and are nice and manoeuvrable.

I have tried to like my 261 and given it every chance but when I use it alongside the 560 it just shows everything that is annoying about the 261.

If you idle it for any length of time as open the throttle it stutters and farts before picking up.

And unless you have the chain too tight the chain takes ages to stop spinning.

I use the 560 rather than the 261 because it irritates me so much.

I have tried to like my 261 and given it every chance but when I use it alongside the 560 it just shows everything that is annoying about the 261.

If you idle it for any length of time as open the throttle it stutters and farts before picking up.

And unless you have the chain too tight the chain takes ages to stop spinning.

I use the 560 rather than the 261 because it irritates me so much.

Is it tuned correctly? I had one that was plenty responsive and no issue with the chain, also 560 vs 261 is 60cc vs 50cc