Jonsered 2083

Will Heal

Funny as I have one of their empty boxes that had a 560XP piston in it that was supplied by a customer:sneaky2::lol:

No bother ordering them I searched for the jreds piston and a few came up ... I guess they all signed up to the international shipping program earlier this year.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all your help so far, I'm going to try to mend it myself, I would like to send it to spud and have it ported at the same time but funds are tight at the mo.

Right I have ordered two new exhaust bolts and I'm going to get a meteor 066 piston, my mate knows someone who will machine it for a drink.

Question- do I get the saw pressure and vac tested before or after the repair?

One more thing, it is missing the clutch cover and these aren't available anymore. Is there a husky part that will fit?

Again thanks for the help so far

Will

Certainly worth a vac check if you don't know what caused it in the first place.

If any husky cover will fit its likely to be the 365/372/385/390 clutch cover.

As for machining, if im barking up the right tree then all it requires is a fraction off the inside of the piston where the pin goes through as it wont "fit in" the small end. You could prob just file a few strokes each side and it would fit. Its not a critical tolerance as such provided the piston is central as once in the bore theres very minimal if any sideway movement on the gudgeon pin.

also search ebay for poulan pro 475,(2077) same saw different colour

The PP475 is the same as the early P7700 and J 2077 - that didn't have the "air injection". The 2077 got that in 1992 (or late 1991), and I assume the P7700 also did.

There were other saws that got the fully developed "air injection" earlier - J 2051 in 1987, and 262xp in 1989.

Edited by SawTroll