toyota hi lux your thoughts?

not for sale sorry

engine power is the only downside to the hilux, and the towing capacity is a bit low but i have owned 2 hiluxs and you will struggle to break them. i run a hilux tipper on 37" tyres and it goes all the places my defenders did plus alot further. my current one tows a laden 16ft ifor williams or a 528 jensen daily and i have just changed the original clutch at 130,000, apart from that i havent touched it mechanically. Excellent motors, perhaps the only thing tougher in terms of taking abuse is a 79 series land cruiser or nissan patrol chassis cab

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

see the pictures on my profile album.

twin winches with uprated alternator and batteries

8x6 tipper body

heavy duty suspension with 7.5 inch lift

3inch body lift

37inch tyres

Yeah very good, but more interesting is the Ka under the swinger. Tell us more.

have had two hilux's, and driven many landrovers, spares are more expensive for the hilux but they are much more reliable! I would always choose the hilux, but then i also run a transit tipper and an ldv....but started off with just a hilux, If you are looking to spend 5 grand then spend less and leave at least 500 for a decent service etc

I would recomend a hilux up to 2000 will be your ticket. they do hold there prices well and out proform the competion, the problem is they come at a premuim and owners tend to hold on to them (hence they are hard to find). if you want cheep and cheerful for now i would recomend similar ford ranger.

had a mk3 for a year or so, excellent truck... bulletproof... 7.5tonner at 35mph proof in fact...

but i reckon i would have been crippled for life if i'd carried on driving one! the bleedin seats folded me in ways my 6'3" wiry frame did not enjoy one bit...