Lawnmower Choice?

hiluxstihl

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

R54 RKB

Strong points:-

Excellent engine, excellent body, excellent performance and collection.

Weak points:-

Handlebars can brake in heavy use involving upward or downward pressure. Fine for normal use.

Changing the drive belt is a pig of a job, you will be lucky to do it in an hour.

The front axles will break off if treated roughly.

The transmission (gearbox) is adequate for domestic use, but failure will be had in commercial use.

If used in wet conditions, make sure the rear roller is kept 'mud free' and regularly sprayed with WD or water will penetrate the bearings and 'sprags'. Replacement is costly.

Avoid use on paved surfaces, the roller shells will break up.

But it is a lovely mower, works well, looks good.

My domestic customers love them.

My commercial customers love using them, but hate the downtime and cost of repairs.

For commercial use you cannot beat a Kaaz IMO.

Pity there not commercial spec, that seems like a fair and honest opinion thank you! Im looking for it for a half acre lawn, mowed weekly and would like to mulch half to two thirds of the time... I havent came accross any Kazz mowers over here but Im going to Manchester soon and might look some up over there

I run the Turf master and on second season ,hates wet grass ,hates cutting low on uneven lawn's but on a lovely dry even lawn That's not mossy it pisses over lawns in minutes but gearbox is lazy on mossy lawns .

It does a lovely finish though so I pick and choose my jobs has it saves a few hours a week .

It is a heavy mower and well built with a good Kawasaki engine ,I am in the process of making new spaces to lower blades too stop it grounding out on uneven lawns when cutting low .

I have put a few pics on here too.

Has said there are a domestic and commercial units .

Don't expect it to have the same effect has a Honda with the wind .

I think it was designed for the American market in dry states .

Ste

Edited by IVECOKID