New pickups for 2015/16

Steve Bullman

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A fault I knew was there and put off doing like I said in that post, lack of maintenance, my fault.

Tut tut dean! I had an early 90 years ago and the gear stick came right off in my hand on the A1 :sly: was a good old bus though apart from it leaked oil from just about every orafice!

I can't believe how negative everyone is on this thread, by all accounts all the pick ups are crap unles it's a land cruiser and I ain't ever seen a tipper one over here. I love my landrover 130 crew cab tipper to bits!! Perfect for me and I don't have any complaints. It earns me plenty of money and doesn't cost me that much to run. It tows 3.5 tonne, carry about 5 cube of chip and carets all my gear and looks ace!! I won't put a picture up as it will only wind mountain man up:)

It could be that most people's first experience of a defender is the 200,000 mile ex utility wreck which stays with them for years. A new jap motor changed every 3 years is unlikely to give much grief but if you use it hard it will cost you when you blow a gear box or bend a prop. Personally at 6 ft 3 I would not want to go far in a defender. For towing you really can't beat an Amazon it has the weight the stability and the cc's and will do 250 k before it gives a major component problem.

It could be that most people's first experience of a defender is the 200,000 mile ex utility wreck which stays with them for years. A new jap motor changed every 3 years is unlikely to give much grief but if you use it hard it will cost you when you blow a gear box or bend a prop. Personally at 6 ft 3 I would not want to go far in a defender. For towing you really can't beat an Amazon it has the weight the stability and the cc's and will do 250 k before it gives a major component problem.

But can you get it in a crew cab tipper? I'm 6ft 1 and have a crew cab, small steering wheel heel and seat extenders. It's fine. Each to their own but if it won't tip then it no good to me:)

I've got 4 landys and they serve me well, full service every 6 months and keep on top of the little bits and they give little trouble, just had a clutch fitted in my oldest one, a 99 td5 with 175k on the clock, first time I've had to spend anything on it other than little bits for mot

I can't believe how negative everyone is on this thread, by all accounts all the pick ups are crap unles it's a land cruiser and I ain't ever seen a tipper one over here. I love my landrover 130 crew cab tipper to bits!! Perfect for me and I don't have any complaints. It earns me plenty of money and doesn't cost me that much to run. It tows 3.5 tonne, carry about 5 cube of chip and carets all my gear and looks ace!! I won't put a picture up as it will only wind mountain man up:)

Ha ha! Nearly missed that, that Land Rover holds more chip every week! Is it growing?