Eliet Super Prof shredders

GardenKit

Had a visit from the Eliet rep yesterday. He came to introduce me to the new Super Prof 5.

I have sold the smaller Minor and Major machines, but never anything this large. Thought I would share and ask for your opinions. Should I sell them?

[ame=

]
[/ame]

P1010639.JPG.48b1c20943b5cdf73c89ef65f1f6d977.JPG

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some very nice features there but the shredding as opposed to chipping would put me off; screen and chip throw are issues perhaps? Looks more complicated to change the shredder drum than the equivilent drum or disc knives for sharpening? Clearing blockages?

[ame]

[/ame]

Was slow on timber

Edited by TimberCutterDartmoor

it could be a good opportunity but in that last video a GM CS100 will cope with all of that and still rattle through the timber no bother.

Whats the RRP, maybe ask if they are happy to give you a demo unit on sale or return. Nice low risk and no capital commitment. If they want to shift units then they are going to have to be flexible.

I know the business model and the customer base we are into it wouldnt be for us, however think you maybe into your domestic/large house/estate type customer more than us which it may suit well.

Also lets hope VOSA don't pull the rep over for his strapping down!

Or: let's hope they do! Its a tad careless to take lazy risks with the lives of others...

Even vosa folk are human and have been known to issue an unofficial warning if faults are remedied there and then.

Thanks guys. This is a brand new model just launched. Apparently quite a few orders have been taken already.

It is not intended to be an alternative to a chipper, as it is a shredder.

Now, I don't have experience of using chippers, but I am told that they have shortcomings when handling green waste, which is apparently where the shredders come in to their own.

By all accounts you can put just about anything through them from whole shrubs, branches with heavy foliage, sweepings and rakings, old fence panels etc, as well as timber up to 5".

Another advantage is that they are much quieter in operation than a chipper, so better in an urban environment.

This new model has the option of an 'Eco Eye' which senses operator movement. When the operator walks away to grab some more brash, the unit powers down to tickover, and opens up again as he approaches with a fresh fill.

This saves fuel and keeps the noise nuisance down to a minimum.

All in all I was impressed, and can see a good market in the landscaper sector, rather than Arb.

This new model has the option of an 'Eco Eye' which senses operator movement. When the operator walks away to grab some more brash, the unit powers down to tickover, and opens up again as he approaches with a fresh fill.

This saves fuel and keeps the noise nuisance down to a minimum.

All in all I was impressed, and can see a good market in the landscaper sector, rather than Arb.

Think that'll just annoy operators! Does it only power down once it has finished with material or just when operator walks away?