Where can I buy a auto reverse stress controller?

ukminch

Auto reverse is a lot more complicated than that though...

Not really, fitted one to a TP 250, just replaced the mechanical spool with an electro- hydraulic one- well within the capabilities of many members on here, and good Ag engineers

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I reckon j the tree is right in my case. The pump has a throttle lever that goes from reverse through to neutral and forward. Fit valve,Wire into tractor plug job sorted probably.

I know I could do it as well. Just money is expected to be tight for such luxuries this year.

I could spend all my income on toys and keeping them in mint condition.

I agree that he is right, but I also think the £650 isn't crazy money and in reality isn't a million miles away from the total overall cost of setting this up on a machine with no current stress control. You need to still have the manual spool valve in place to keep your safety stop working as manufactured (I'm assuming it is currently to HSE spec). Electro-hydraulic spool valves aren't particularly cheap, there will be duty and carriage to pay on the stress control unit itself (it does look a good unit and very good value though, I agree), you will need some hoses/fixings etc making up, and you may well need someone to plumb it all in for you if you aren't hydraulically confident/competent.

It does look a decent unit though, but £200 is not realistic IMO.

I agree that he is right, but I also think the £650 isn't crazy money and in reality isn't a million miles away from the total overall cost of setting this up on a machine with no current stress control. You need to still have the manual spool valve in place to keep your safety stop working as manufactured (I'm assuming it is currently to HSE spec). Electro-hydraulic spool valves aren't particularly cheap, there will be duty and carriage to pay on the stress control unit itself (it does look a good unit and very good value though, I agree), you will need some hoses/fixings etc making up, and you may well need someone to plumb it all in for you if you aren't hydraulically confident/competent.

It does look a decent unit though, but £200 is not realistic IMO.

Where did I say fitting a complete auto feed and valving was going to cost 200?

The control unit is around 200, what you valving you add to it will of course bump up the price, I first brought one as a straight replacemt for the stress unit on a Jensen 530t that was going to cost over 500 from from Redwood to replace, as it's such a versatile little unit I've since retro fitted them to other chippers as and when the manufactures units have died- will soon be fitting one to a Vermeer 935- a mate has one fitted to his Timberwolf 190 and is using the auto reverse function as the Wolf has an electro valve fitted already- only difficult bit is cutting a 70mm hole to mount it

I'm actually out of touch with hse on this. It was CE about 12 years ago when I bought it new.

The tractor has a working pto on off switch in mudguard.

Feel free to tell me what's likely not upto scratch on it.

I may or may not take note. Only this week on a brand new concrete truck I've been banged on the head and got thumb skinned by a daft lift up and put down safety rail at the rear atop of the ladder. If I'd been the wuss that designed it in his cushy central heated office, I would of yelled in horror and jumped to my death after the thumb got attacked.

Instead I muttered contempt of health and safety!

But if it's common sense practical I do take note.

It's all to do with height off ground and depth of feed hopper, and whether you need a top or bottom (or both) stop bar. Not massively relevant if you are the only user and aren't too bothered by rules, but very important if you have other people using your machine. Google will supply the relevant info.

J - I may have misread your post. The op discounted a complete system for £650 on cost grounds and I read your alternative as an equivalent suggestion for just over £200 (actually closer to £300 plus duty at current exchange rates in reality).

I still think the complete retro fit system for £650 looks pretty good value.

Thanks http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/ais38.pdf

I took the bottom fold up flap off not long after I bought it because it kept snagging on the material and bungling up under tension.

I will have a measure and check to see what else needs adjustment. I do only use it myself, but should it go wrong the questions get asked in a retrospective way.

will soon be fitting one to a Vermeer 935-

it

Now this I'm interested in! I've got this machine and had no stress troubles for a while but now I think it's beyond hope.

In the past I've been suggested these units to retro fit but not seen one done.

Is there any chance you could do a step by step thread on this when you do it?

• 1 month later...
Where did I say fitting a complete auto feed and valving was going to cost 200?

The control unit is around 200, what you valving you add to it will of course bump up the price, I first brought one as a straight replacemt for the stress unit on a Jensen 530t that was going to cost over 500 from from Redwood to replace, as it's such a versatile little unit I've since retro fitted them to other chippers as and when the manufactures units have died- will soon be fitting one to a Vermeer 935- a mate has one fitted to his Timberwolf 190 and is using the auto reverse function as the Wolf has an electro valve fitted already- only difficult bit is cutting a 70mm hole to mount it

Did you ever get the 935 done?