Which Mountain Bike

Dean Lofthouse

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ended up with the one Tommer spotted, just got to pick it up from ruthin.

Forks alone were £510 and got it for £600

Trek 6700 SLR Mountain Bike (Hardtail) on eBay (end time 27-Jul-09 19:46:31 BST)

Hope you enjoy it, my trek and the one my mate had were the best bikes i ever rode- lovely frame, well put together bikes. Didnt have a car for years.:001_smile:

Got the bike home yesterday and within one hour had spent £120 on it.

2x new tyres

1x rear deraily (cant spell it)

1x Pump for tyres

1x Puncture kit

Need a comfy saddle, really hurts my ass and had to take off those silly pedals with the mechanism for clipping into proper shoes.

Went out on it with the dogs along the canal this morning at 6.30am, did five miles at a steady pace for the dogs, had to stop three times, twice to retrieve one of the dogs from the canal and once to retrieve a duck from the dogs mouth and let it go.

Didn't get out of breath but could feel my legs burning a bit. Will go out on my own this week and give it some extra pace, going to take a bit of getting back into, steady away, I'll build up the pace and distance steadily.

DSC04576.jpg.c67d6f0437dc1b8d206d13b0e3b5828c.jpg

DSC04575.jpg.aa98996fd08f6bac5efd369d01609705.jpg

DSC04578.jpg.8a5b536d6012b4ea58e1a0ebe328fd09.jpg

Got the bike home yesterday and within one hour had spent £120 on it.

2x new tyres

1x rear deraily (cant spell it)

1x Pump for tyres

1x Puncture kit

Need a comfy saddle, really hurts my ass and had to take off those silly pedals with the mechanism for clipping into proper shoes.

Went out on it with the dogs along the canal this morning at 6.30am, did five miles at a steady pace for the dogs, had to stop three times, twice to retrieve one of the dogs from the canal and once to retrieve a duck from the dogs mouth and let it go.

Didn't get out of breath but could feel my legs burning a bit. Will go out on my own this week and give it some extra pace, going to take a bit of getting back into, steady away, I'll build up the pace and distance steadily.

Dean,

Get yourself some `proper` shoes and pedals, you will never look back, I have got the Crank brothers ones and they are excellent.

Saddle wise I run a Tune Speedneedle carbon saddle (literally a piece of carbon) which looks very painful but is actually very comfy because the carbon moulds to your ass. Also light because I am sad about things like the weight of my bike.

Below: Just about to climb 1000 vertical M in one climb up towards the mer du glace in Chamonix as proof that carbon saddles are comfy.

chamonixjuly07058.jpg

Below: Proof that Spd pedals and superlight xc bikes dont slow you down. Get out there and ride.

carcassonne173.jpg

Btw where are you based in the country?