Best make of battery for a tractor thanks

mendiplogs

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi mate I need 2 batteries or could I just fit one very large high out put battery as it only 12v thanks jon

The case tractor has a 56Ah battery it never has failed even in cold weather. Its supposed to have a 120Ah battery.

Same again with my van it is supposed to have a 80Ah battery but I run it on a 38Ah

They are more expensive but they last the life of 2 batteries at least in my experience.

The only negative is the sizes are different, they tend to be taller, so make sure they fit the space you have.

You can put 2 batteries on in parallel or series. One way gives 12V the other 24V

Edited by Goaty

Talk to Bristol batteries their own Avon brand is made by Varta. We have tried most of the brands over the years. Varta were ok but for some reason Avon have been even better on standby generators. Yuasa were a disaster on the trickle chargers but I have a feeling they like being charged hard on a vehicle if we increased the charge rate they survived better. I have just changed the Bosch battery on our bobcat and that did 14 years but they don't make them like they used to.

Talk to Bristol batteries their own Avon brand is made by Varta. We have tried most of the brands over the years. Varta were ok but for some reason Avon have been even better on standby generators. Yuasa were a disaster on the trickle chargers but I have a feeling they like being charged hard on a vehicle if we increased the charge rate they survived better. I have just changed the Bosch battery on our bobcat and that did 14 years but they don't make them like they used to.

Hi Steve thanks for that I will get on to them thanks jon

From my perspective I would have, and do so, a Varta on my tractors. I have had Optima on our two LR's but found them expensive and not really much longer lasting for your £

That's my opinion. I date each battery and after 20 years I can say this with some conficence.

codlasher

From my perspective I would have, and do so, a Varta on my tractors. I have had Optima on our two LR's but found them expensive and not really much longer lasting for your £

That's my opinion. I date each battery and after 20 years I can say this with some conficence.

codlasher

Hi BIG THANKS THERE👍 IT THE STARTER leads on tractor👍 not Battery so thanks all 👍Jon 👍