Greenmech cs100 blade angles.

Bob The Dog

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First day out with mine today, chipped up some sycamore fine, then put some pittosporum through and and it hated it spat it out in stringy complete little branches, then proper blocked!

Dropped the cassette out in blocked it, I'm assuming the gap between blade and anvil is too wide so it's letting material through without cutting it? Manual says 0.5mm, so half a mm, the gap on mine looks closer to 5mm, manual is none to clear really, half a mm seems very very small!

0.5mm is correct. Does seem a little close, but it's defo the right gap. If you need to adjust the gap, slacken off the half dozen bolts holding the anvil in place. Then you can tap the anvil down to lessen the gap. I just use a regular feeler gauge, get it somewhere near right on one end and then work my way to the other. You'll probably need to go back to the start point and readjust a couple of times, but persevere and you'll get there! In led to believe the new machines come with a specially made gauge which is 0.5mm thick for this very job. 5mm seem like a long way out, bearing in mind you've just had it. Was it new or a used one?

0.5mm is correct. Does seem a little close, but it's defo the right gap. If you need to adjust the gap, slacken off the half dozen bolts holding the anvil in place. Then you can tap the anvil down to lessen the gap. I just use a regular feeler gauge, get it somewhere near right on one end and then work my way to the other. You'll probably need to go back to the start point and readjust a couple of times, but persevere and you'll get there! In led to believe the new machines come with a specially made gauge which is 0.5mm thick for this very job. 5mm seem like a long way out, bearing in mind you've just had it. Was it new or a used one?

Cheers, it's used, not a lot by the look of it though, will get the feeler gauges out tomorrow!