most regrettable saw NOT bought!

Logan

Ive a bit of an old stihl fetish...

Would of liked to have bought a new 460 but im sure I will get one at some stage for the collection, for that matter im still waiting to come across an 070 or 090.

Being a tight wad I prefer to buy secondhand and rebuild them so atleast they are good runners and not being grade 1 im therefore happy to put them in wood and actually use them.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They were just damn good saws...you're asking the wrong person if you're after a more technical answer :)

They were (are) damn good saws.i have 2 I still swing into action occasionally,they ain't far behind modern huskies but the vibes destroy my hands by lunchtime in the woods

What surprises me is that people openly admit they'd snap up bygone chainsaws for almost unreasonable sums of money, yet the mainstream manufacturers don't seem to ever grasp the nettle and release a 'retro range' of 'nostalgia saws' to,satisfy the obvious public demand.

Sad thing is. They probably will now I've suggested it, and some designer glasses wearing tosspot will get a bonus on his £100k salary for 'thinking of it' while I get no credit (or money) at all..

ArbTalk is my witness!

What surprises me is that people openly admit they'd snap up bygone chainsaws for almost unreasonable sums of money, yet the mainstream manufacturers don't seem to ever grasp the nettle and release a 'retro range' of 'nostalgia saws' to,satisfy the obvious public demand.

Sad thing is. They probably will now I've suggested it, and some designer glasses wearing tosspot will get a bonus on his £100k salary for 'thinking of it' while I get no credit (or money) at all..

ArbTalk is my witness!

Couldn't be done due to emissions compliances. No bonus for the tosspot you'll be pleased :)