Dolmar

luap

Need a bigger saw, seen a 9010 28"2 B&C for £450 good price?

Not really,another 140 quid will get you a new saw, If your Vat registered. I was thinking about a 9010, but bought a new Husqvarna 395xp for about £680. Second hand saws seem overpriced to me, guess there are so many buyers not Vat registered, making new saws out of their budget.

Hope this hasn't been properly talked through in the recent past.

Have looked into some of the newest Dolmar saws and can see there are some Strato ones with a sort of electronic function to the ignition /fuel system.

My question really is by way of comparison with "Auto Tune" and M Tronic"

Do the Dolmar carbs give up there manual intervention for adjustment or are they different to the Stihl and Husqvarna saws ..261,362…. 550 560…and so on.

Any one have any info please.

Simon :thumbup1:

Dolmar still have a normal carb fortunatly :) the ignition is electronic and had been for some years yes.

The 61cc, newest 35.4 cc and an upcoming top handle 37cc type are strato engines.

Oh thats good !

I was looking over the 6000 series and the Tech spec ,but was not to sure without a picture of the components. I believe cat's are used on there saws so maybe the emission regs ( whatever they are ) are met that way . The IPL showed a carb but not how it interfaced with the electronics. Have a few earlier Dolmars so try to keep up with what might come through the door.:001_smile: