Re: Closure of a minor country lane

Chipperclown

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One needs the operative card, someone else within the company (not necessarily on site) needs a supervisor card.

I'm out of all that now; rules have changed.

Still true that if the local authority want something done; they have different rules/ questions not asked. Will be different if you're tendering for everyday work I admit.

lots of people apply the common sense rule until it goes tits up

then the common sense thing to do was have proper TM

and a word of warning Kent county council seem to be having a purge on people not using TM and applying for permits

If I thought dropping a bow out of a tree was going to go wrong I'd pack up and stack shelfs if your blocking the road who's going to get hurt.

Main road busy back road yes but a bloody back lane :001_smile::001_smile:

The point I was trying to make was if the local tree officer has the sense to say get it done. What's the big deal!!!!!!!?

I know. My point is that it has as much to do with the TO as it does my cat. And I don't even have a cat.

Let's agree to disagree.

I,ve both operative and supervisors traffic management ticket but I still doubt I,d go for full traffic management for a 10 minute job. I,do probably go double red on two stop boards, van at each end, signage beyond stop boards each end and have it down and pulled to the side in 5 minutes max. It's the safest way to take down a full road closure set up normally except in this instance you didn't have the signs and cones up to start with. Nothing wrong with double red for a few minutes. It does depend on the prevailing road conditions though.