Generator

Fieldarcher

i have a hyundai generator 6.2 kva super silent diesel , ive been impressed with it so far

I was looking at the specs unlike the who flung dung sets the Hyundai are rated for 6 kW single phase. Ie most sets are 5.2 kva = 4 kw.

Also the Hyundai has a 30 hr run tank. I think the secret to long life on these small single. Cyl screamers is aim to change oil at 50 hrs but defo no more than 100 hrs and make sure it's not overloaded. You get lots of genny for the £ but they need a bit more looking after.

Thanks guys

I found this online and if I don't find somthing better I will give it a go.

The tools I want to run are 400w and this is a 2000w model which should cover the surge at start up. It's the size that's limiting my choice, not much room in the boot.

My other option which I looked into was a solar charged battery.

Batt £100

20w solar pannel £60

2kw inverter £100

Led flood lights £40.

This is green but not portable

Is there any mention of commercial use warranty or whether spares are available. I have seen other True Shopping products and havent been impressed. Why not buy a good quality used set. I was only looking at a Honda one today , we supplied it to H J Pugh auctioneers as used 5 years ago, has had one service and still runs like the day he had it despite doing 10 hours most weeks. £250 should sort your job out with a tidy good quality set

I think I've found what I need on Screwfix of all places . £279 for 1.2kva constant 1.5 surge. The main point is that they have in my experience a good return policy.

There does seen to be a trade off between cost and size of the engine . This one is 70cc but trueshopping is a lot smaller so it will be high reving and make a racket.

Dave you never warned me enough.

Thanks for the advice on changing the oil every 50 hours btw

• 2 weeks later...

Update.

Took it out the box , filled it with oil, petrol, pulled the cord 10 times , put the choke on , switched it on and 1st pull it burst into life. This is not the quietest of gens compared to a Honda but I'm not using it in a caravan site where most of these are employed . It has a sticker saying 92 decabels ( normal Tv is about 60 decabels ). Once your about 20 yards away it's hardly noticeable . It has a 70cc motor but it would seem that more expensive models have a larger motor which means they don't have to run as fast to produce the same wattage resulting in a quieter machine. One thing I have added is an hour meter from Amazon for £8. This only has one wire you wrap around the HT lead . This will allow me to keep up with oil/ filter changes( great gadget that can be fitted to anything with a spark plug ). I also used semi synthetic 10/40 oil.

image.jpg.ac5cf5b8525c4b527063ef8f075225d7.jpg