Stop Works Lollipop

benedmonds

You can't stop 2 way traffic with stop go boards

Disagree

You can use one stop works sign like a school crossing sign though, and you can't do that with one stop go board.

Agree - that's why you have two........

good job they are half the price :lol:

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Check out the streetworks 'red book' (2014 version) and you will see that this in no way meets the requirements.

You may as well just chalk 'Would you please be a sweetie and stop for the nice tree cutter' on a sandwich board. :lol:

That where I got the sign from page 72.. As had been mentioned stop and go boards are not what I want...

59766c36b7373_stopsign.jpg.bcfb1f287a9ab186058a54b688944f3b.jpg

Edited by benedmonds

When I did my NRSWA course, we were told that stop/go boards gave you an allowance of two mins to stop the traffic. No mention of a stop works sign was made.

I would imagine that more motorists are familiar with stop go boards than stop works ones

That's a failing on the part of your instructor. It's there in black & white in the book, you have to ask, did the instructor actually read the book or just trot out the lines that will achieve a (so called) "pass" in the exam?

To be fair, there was no mention of stop works in my course/exam, it was only after reading the book cover to cover that I was aware of it!

Training / tickets, never going to cover every aspect I guess!

Any one know where I can get these more cheaply. Best I have found is £105 for a fancy fold able one. Would rather something more solid!

Stop Works Lollipop Sign 450mm dia, 1500mm pole : Safety Signs - Security Safety Products

Direct signs 102 quid. its cheaper, and does look well made, and you get a carry bag. Got to love a good carry bag for stuff. Guess it means it can be flung on the back of the van easier and ripped/damaged a lot sooner. Which is always a good thing when you run a company, wouldn't you agree Benjy?

And if its foldable and in a bag, it has less chance of being left on the wagon when tipping up chip etc, as it possibly may get stowed away in tool lockers!!! By the way, many aspects of this post are sarcastic and scrutiny is not required

Got to love a good carry bag for stuff. Guess it means it can be flung on the back of the van easier and ripped/damaged a lot sooner.

Our lads seem to be braking everything at the moment. No one seems to know it happens either... Sat nav, truck door, tail lights, panel on the chipper, rakes, winch cable, shovel, etc etc... All stupid little things but frustrating...