Stihlmadd vids

stihlmadd

Loved the last shot Ben.

Impressive combination of work and art mate!

Jomoco

Thankyou :thumbup:

turns out a 45 mm by 90 mm framing beam is just the right height to prevent a go pro from becoming a expensive pancake.

really appreciate the props , I think things are coming along quite nicely and coming from a fellow Euc man it means that little bit more:laugh1:

but seriously did you get a butchers at the size of that citridora and it was only 60 years old according to the local residents and council officers.

Hope you have a hale and hearty one in 2016.

Ben.

Well done Ben, as always. Hope you get paid enough to put some away after the work you do to enhance the reputations of all these tree companies. You gotta have a plan mate.

G'day Reg, thankyou for the props :thumbup1:

I do get paid fairly well for a contract climber and do charge extra for really big or dangerous trees and for crane work.

as to having a plan No, other than short term purchases I wish to make to increase my equipment range (ms150, grcs and a whinch for the cruiser and of course more ropes and toys)

I am not with a longer term plan for my future and am starting to feel the need to create a more sustainable future for my self.

I have registered my own business name but if I am contracting as you have pointed out I am not using my own name on my videos as I do not feel it is entirely fair and also would like to keep my business name separate from the other companies work.

but yeah am making some guys look real good when the reality is less so.

any advice you have I am all ears.

cheers Ben.

I contact climbed for over 20 years, previous....because the convenience suited me for one reason or another. A big part of that was because I moved around a bit and always had one eye on the door. I only just closed the curtain on it early last year.

My advice is that's what you should do also.....if you planning on staying at your current location. You'll make twice the money, and get to keep it too. I can't say enough about what a relief it is to be negotiating and doing my own jobs. Meanwhile, your saving for a GRCS among other things so that these companies you're involved with can reap the benefits. It's not right, and just one example.

Buy a truck and chipper, then get out there. You'll never look back. If you can't afford to buy one after all these years of graft, then it proves a point really. Don't believe anyone who tells you how hard it all is. That's BS.

When your tool truck's fully stocked n ready to rock at a moment's notice?

500 bucks a day is cheap!

I loved the independent subcontracting life, and still do though semiretired.

Business has a way of finding you, when you can do!

Do you miss the eucs Reg?

Citriadora's thrive in San Diego!

Jomoco

I contact climbed for over 20 years, previous....because the convenience suited me for one reason or another. A big part of that was because I moved around a bit and always had one eye on the door. I only just closed the curtain on it early last year.

My advice is that's what you should do also.....if you planning on staying at your current location. You'll make twice the money, and get to keep it too. I can't say enough about what a relief it is to be negotiating and doing my own jobs. Meanwhile, your saving for a GRCS among other things so that these companies you're involved with can reap the benefits. It's not right, and just one example.

Buy a truck and chipper, then get out there. You'll never look back. If you can't afford to buy one after all these years of graft, then it proves a point really. Don't believe anyone who tells you how hard it all is. That's BS.

I always wondered why you never set up your own company Reg! glad to hear you finally have, wish you all the best with it.

Which do you find the more challenging to remove over strategic targets Reg?

Excurrent conifers or big decurrent eucs?

No doubt Ben agrees with me that big eucs are the most challenging!

Particularly fat boys that require quartering!

My best earnings year was 06 at just over 115K.

In truth the most dangerous work to perform is storm work for utility companies when you're on call 24/7, which is when 5 bills a day rules should kick into play.

Ever do emergency night work for a utility under flood lights with dozens of supervisors milling about?

Yu gonna do like Aug n get rich eh?

Jomoco

Apples and oranges really Jon. The most complicated jobs I've done have been hardwoods without a doubt....but the most dangerous have been some of the dead firs I've done out this way through the last 4 and a half years.