suzuki grand vitara ?

superfurryanimal

hi all, any one own one ? looking to buy a cheep 4x4 but heard the petrol engines are thirsty, after some info before I spend cheers sfa

Big Suzuki fan here, we've three in the family at the minute, probably soon to be four.

No GV but have had in the past and the new edition will certainly be as well.

What year and model are you after?

not sure about the grand vit had a standard vitara on a 97 plate great little motor went anywhere. Let that go as I needed a crewcab pickup which cost a fortune to run, now I have a shogun pinin cost me 1200 squid and I love it:001_smile:

The pinin is a awesome vehicle owned mine for 2 years and I've never had any issues with it at all, it'll also give a defender a good going off road,its got decent kit on it for what it is air con,heated mirrors computer and mines got leather so wipe clean seats . Mines a 1.8 mpi and its a bit thirsty 26-28 mpg

not really sure, looking to spend around £2000 and would like a estate model

If you haven't an awful miles to do you could pick up a nice V6 one for that money. Great driving things, especially with the auto box, not that easy on fuel but then no proper 4 by 4 is. Big tyres, lots of diffs driveshafts and couplings to turn is never going to equate to an especially efficient vehicle.

But the whole thing with Suzukis is robustness and reliability. I've been driving Japanese since the mid-70's so I'm used to reliability but even by Japanese standards, Suzukis are truly exceptional.

Oh, providing you steer clear of the diesels of-course.

If you haven't an awful miles to do you could pick up a nice V6 one for that money. Great driving things, especially with the auto box, not that easy on fuel but then no proper 4 by 4 is. Big tyres, lots of diffs driveshafts and couplings to turn is never going to equate to an especially efficient vehicle.

But the whole thing with Suzukis is robustness and reliability. I've been driving Japanese since the mid-70's so I'm used to reliability but even by Japanese standards, Suzukis are truly exceptional.

Oh, providing you steer clear of the diesels of-course.

what's up with the diesels ???

Well it's not their own engine so don't expect the same level of reliability as the petrols.

Also, although I've never owned a diesel Suzuki of any description, from what I can gather they don't seem to be as easy to service and look after. Presumably because they're fitted with an engine that wasn't actually designed to be there in the first place!