suzuki grand vitara ?

superfurryanimal

Well it's not their own engine so don't expect the same level of reliability as the petrols.

Also, although I've never owned a diesel Suzuki of any description, from what I can gather they don't seem to be as easy to service and look after. Presumably because they're fitted with an engine that wasn't actually designed to be there in the first place!

cheers for that, what petrol engine do you have 1600, 2000 ltr ??

cheers for that, what petrol engine do you have 1600, 2000 ltr ??

We've had most of them over the years in various vehicles. Never had a V6, although I've driven a couple of them, was about to buy one a year ago but got foolishly distracted at the last minute by a 3.2 DiD Shogun, wish I'd stuck to my guns and bought the GV!

The other engine I've no experience of yet although it won't be relevant to you is the new 2.4 which has replaced both the V6 and the 2L, cracking engine by all accounts and some of us will probably end up with one of them in something sooner or later.

In truth the engines are all pretty similar, pull well, have a bit of a rasp to them, ridiculously reliable (cam chain so no need to change timing belts even!), about the only noticable difference is that any of the v-tec's have a bit less pull low down but a bit more go higher up, which is just what you'd expect anyway.

We've had most of them over the years in various vehicles. Never had a V6, although I've driven a couple of them, was about to buy one a year ago but got foolishly distracted at the last minute by a 3.2 DiD Shogun, wish I'd stuck to my guns and bought the GV!

The other engine I've no experience of yet although it won't be relevant to you is the new 2.4 which has replaced both the V6 and the 2L, cracking engine by all accounts and some of us will probably end up with one of them in something sooner or later.

In truth the engines are all pretty similar, pull well, have a bit of a rasp to them, ridiculously reliable (cam chain so no need to change timing belts even!), about the only noticable difference is that any of the v-tec's have a bit less pull low down but a bit more go higher up, which is just what you'd expect anyway.

thanks for the info mate, much appreciated !!