L200 Front brake discs

Just had my L200 (04) MOT'd and it's failed on the matter of front brake discs. New pads were fitted 2k ago and nothing untoward noticed then but now the inner face of each disc has only a small proportion worn by pad pressure; both the outside and middle of each respective disc inner face is rusty. The outer face of each disc are "fine". I'm aware of some typical issues such as warped discs but not come across this before. Any ideas? Any other L200 owners had this? Thanks.

doesnt have to be a new caliper, see if you can get a replacement piston and seal kit first. if the piston isnt available sseperately then get some very fine emery and gently polish any corrision off it being careful not to linish the same aread too much and create a flat spot

doesnt have to be a new caliper, see if you can get a replacement piston and seal kit first. if the piston isnt available sseperately then get some very fine emery and gently polish any corrision off it being careful not to linish the same aread too much and create a flat spot

Unfortunately it won't be me doing it as I haven't the time, facilities or inclination atm. I remember back in the day - most weekends tinkering with vehicles. What happended to them?! Frankly the truck needs a major service since it's due in another 2k; perhaps I should throw some money (away) at the main dealer and have everything done at once.. I bet after fluid, filter changes, the brakes etc etc etc it'll be about a grand... Pants!:sad:

think twice about going to a main dealer mate, you will get an unneccasserily large bill, brake problem is more than likely calipers etc need cleaning up & coating with copperslip, shouldnt need calipers at that age even if high mileage, main dealers will just keep bolting on new parts, they dont seem to use emery cloth!! try to find a reputable local garage or mobile mechanic, good luck