Good Bar length on a 560XP

Blister

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

560 xpg 18" Sugi lightweight & Oregon full chisel felled over 600 tonnes of chestnut, plus general arb work, faultless, cuts just as quick as 372 and is lighter and better balanced!

What have you done to your 372?!? 560 is obviously lighter with brilliant acceleration but is no match for a 372 when it comes to power...

What have you done to your 372?!? 560 is obviously lighter with brilliant acceleration but is no match for a 372 when it comes to power...

Mmmm . Some say it is ...some say it isn't :biggrin: I think a " breathed on "560 on an 18" Sugi bar driven by an 8 pin against a bog standard 372 is superior . If however you also have a " breathed on " 372 ( as I have ) the gap re appears :biggrin:

I tend to disagree my work mate had my 372, I think the cutting speed is very simular! And balance is superior on 560

Maybe mine is just a duff first batch saw, I wish it came close to the 372! They are both stock though so perhaps I should look at tinkering a bit. I certainly wouldn't turn my nose up at a 560 with added grunt. And the 372, oooh... The noise they must make though?

What talented individual 'breathed' on it for you? Ha

Maybe mine is just a duff first batch saw, I wish it came close to the 372! They are both stock though so perhaps I should look at tinkering a bit. I certainly wouldn't turn my nose up at a 560 with added grunt. And the 372, oooh... The noise they must make though?

What talented individual 'breathed' on it for you? Ha

Spud did my 372 and my 346 and my 390 . petemate did my 560 and the walker saw shop did my 395 .

Spud did my 372 and my 346 and my 390 . petemate did my 560 and the walker saw shop did my 395 .

I haven't heard many positives about walkerised saws, some have very mild porting, some muffler mods, some just a sticker! May be worth sending it to spud to take a look

I haven't heard many positives about walkerised saws, some have very mild porting, some muffler mods, some just a sticker! May be worth sending it to spud to take a look

Yea I heard the same . It has the sticker ( albeit faded ) and the twin port muffler Not so sure about porting . :001_smile: