New plot of Land

emcgee

Some sound advice posted by others.

This is not going to be 'industrial', 1 acre, you will need to apply for planning permission and business rates will be payable.

I would suggest seek pre-application advice from your LA.

Setting up without all the boxes ticked close to suburbia and the LA enforcement officer will descend on you swiftly.

Good luck.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some sound advice posted by others.

This is not going to be 'industrial', 1 acre, you will need to apply for planning permission and business rates will be payable.

I would suggest seek pre-application advice from your LA.

Setting up without all the boxes ticked close to suburbia and the LA enforcement officer will descend on you swiftly.

Good luck.

Don't go to LA bad advice!!!

Get a local planning consultant on your side do your research as there some crap ones and good ones. Ares work on planning apps for local authority.

Ohh the irony.

Don't go to LA bad advice!!!

Get a local planning consultant on your side do your research as there some crap ones and good ones. Ares work on planning apps for local authority.

Ohh the irony.

Apologies, I ommitted to include the Consultant aspect.

Of course - a 'GOOD' Consultant could be worth whatever they charge - finding a 'Good' one is another matter.

The 'right one' usually has a fair idea of the likelyhood of a successfull application if they have had extensive experience of similar cases.

Thanks everyone for all the advice, my only thoughts are, do I want to proactively contact LA or an Lpc and flag myself up or should I just stay under the radar. What are the sanctions?

have a chat to a land agent type, dont talk to l/a 1,st forget yr planning, most are just looking @ keeping ther jobs imo of course :biggrin:& dont get me started on t/o @ 1, off my local l/a :cursing:

Thanks everyone for all the advice, my only thoughts are, do I want to proactively contact LA or an Lpc and flag myself up or should I just stay under the radar. What are the sanctions?

You will not stay under the radar for long especially if you get involved in firewood it seems to draw the shady type who will stitch you up at the drop of a hat

I've just managed to find about an acre of land, local and good access (like gold dust). I'm just wondering if I have to declare anything in terms of setting up a bit of a yard (wood storage, splitting and selling bit of firewood, workshop etc.) Only subcontracting at the moment so not running a business, nothing major.

Don't bother with all that stuff, move on there then apply for cert of lawfulness in 10 years time.

Have just done it