Waste of space.

Bren.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know, I rode motorbikes for years and sight of a Volvo always put me into super defense mode.

I own a motorcycle shop and drove a Volvo estate for six years.

Apart from being a phenominal car it also appealed to my sense of irony!

Advertising the TV news just before it's aired or even several hours before. "At 9 o'clock we'll have stories on A, B and G."

If it's worth reporting/updating, why not spend the extra airtime to include more real news during 'the news'? Rather than give over a minute in introduction graphics & slick music, only to be followed by another minute of the same, with perhaps 30secs. of non-news advertising in between.

Comes from the same thought that a bit if a lot, is more productive than a lot of a bit. Worked with a fellow who with great enthusiasm attended a time management course. Then spent several years only giving over 15mins. to every task.

Sure, at the end of every day on paper it looked as if 30-40 things had been dealt with; but in reality, it just meant that each day started with the backlog of several days before. Tasks that should've taken say 40mins., took three separate sessions over three days, (if we were lucky). Meetings really mucked the schedule up. Except the 15min. meetings, when nothing got done but we had a cuppa and bicci to dunk.

Edited by TGB

To put it in context, I removed a post which simply said "Muslims" which in the context of this thread assigns everybody of that religion to be a waste of space. I would have also removed a post that said "Christians" or "Jews" or whatever other faith group.

Debate is fine but we try to run this site to be inclusive and non-offensive whether by gender, religion, sexual orientation etc. It's pretty simple really, just have a think before you post. If it could come across as offensive then re-word it.

Surely the 'BMW drivers' post should also have been removed.

Sorry to come back to religion, but I think it's as unfair to generalise that all followers of Islam are fundamentalist murderers or oppressors of women as to say all Catholic clergy are paedophiles. I really don't like organised religion of any brand (if you look at page one you will see it was my choice) but it is wrong to classify all the followers of any one religion as bad and another good. Let's face it, any credo that is based on an imaginary friend is bound to attract a certain amount of nutters who are prepared to twist ideology so far as to justify their own horrendous desires to subjugate through terror. As to saying Islam is hundreds of years behind Christianity, that is ridiculous. The behaviour seen in Paris or what ISIS, IS or whatever the **** they are called now do in the Middle East is hundreds of years behind the evolution of Humanity, not Christianity, but then to my eyes so is the behaviour of the KKK or the bombing of abortion clinics. Would you class the KKK as the same as the Boys Brigade? Why not, they're both Christian organisations who have the Bible as their holy book? With regard to the contents of the relevant holy scripts, how many people in the media quoting chapter and verse have read it for themselves in the original language? Consider this; How many times have you peed yourself laughing at a translating error in an operating manual or the like? When one language is translated to another, the original message can be completely lost very easily just as the tone of a message can be lost without the benefit of inflection of speech lost with the written word. What I think it comes down to is a certain percentage of the world's population want to be ****s to the rest of us, just the same as others want to do good to improve other peoples' lives. Take Anders Breivik who isn't a Muslim. He is in fact violently anti-Islamic. He killed 77 and wounded hundreds, mainly children, when he attacked Government buildings and a Norwegian Labour Party camp yet no relevance was drawn to his religious leanings as being a cause. He was a psychopath, the individuals who kill in the name of Islam are psychopaths, as is anyone else who kills or seeks to control with terror in the name of a religion or any other belief. Let's start a separate religion for psychopaths, give them Mein Kampf as their scripture and make it easier to target them, rather than employing the scatter gun approach employed by the media which harms more innocent people than guilty and serves to create divisions through society. All organised religions need to get their respective houses in order, not just Islam, and people have to work together to drive out the bad elements in society. Anyway, rant over and I hope you all have a good 'rest of the weekend'.:001_smile:

Had to look her up, One video, and I HATE HER!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YqlPKGz_zg

The woman has the brains of a rocking horse and the arrogance of a windsor.

She is one of those very special people, who is to dumb, to know that she is ..............DUMB.

I find this is often accompanied by a very strong sense of entitlement.

I think this TV clip gets my vote... I watched it out of curiosity.... That's 1 minute of my life wasted that I will never get back.

So I'm going to go with:

TELEVISION.

( I think I must have Amish blood somewhere! :) )

Sorry to come back to religion, but I think it's as unfair to generalise that all followers of Islam are fundamentalist murderers or oppressors of women as to say all Catholic clergy are paedophiles. I really don't like organised religion of any brand (if you look at page one you will see it was my choice) but it is wrong to classify all the followers of any one religion as bad and another good. Let's face it, any credo that is based on an imaginary friend is bound to attract a certain amount of nutters who are prepared to twist ideology so far as to justify their own horrendous desires to subjugate through terror. As to saying Islam is hundreds of years behind Christianity, that is ridiculous. The behaviour seen in Paris or what ISIS, IS or whatever the **** they are called now do in the Middle East is hundreds of years behind the evolution of Humanity, not Christianity, but then to my eyes so is the behaviour of the KKK or the bombing of abortion clinics. Would you class the KKK as the same as the Boys Brigade? Why not, they're both Christian organisations who have the Bible as their holy book? With regard to the contents of the relevant holy scripts, how many people in the media quoting chapter and verse have read it for themselves in the original language? Consider this; How many times have you peed yourself laughing at a translating error in an operating manual or the like? When one language is translated to another, the original message can be completely lost very easily just as the tone of a message can be lost without the benefit of inflection of speech lost with the written word. What I think it comes down to is a certain percentage of the world's population want to be ****s to the rest of us, just the same as others want to do good to improve other peoples' lives. Take Anders Breivik who isn't a Muslim. He is in fact violently anti-Islamic. He killed 77 and wounded hundreds, mainly children, when he attacked Government buildings and a Norwegian Labour Party camp yet no relevance was drawn to his religious leanings as being a cause. He was a psychopath, the individuals who kill in the name of Islam are psychopaths, as is anyone else who kills or seeks to control with terror in the name of a religion or any other belief. Let's start a separate religion for psychopaths, give them Mein Kampf as their scripture and make it easier to target them, rather than employing the scatter gun approach employed by the media which harms more innocent people than guilty and serves to create divisions through society. All organised religions need to get their respective houses in order, not just Islam, and people have to work together to drive out the bad elements in society. Anyway, rant over and I hope you all have a good 'rest of the weekend'.:001_smile:

Perhaps they could have Katy Hopkins as their deity.:biggrin:

I think you're missing the point felix.

To try explain briefly.. A couple centuries ago Christians were one of violent/cruellest religions going (inquisition for example), it's evolved though and the bible is no longer taken literally by majority of Christians.

The difference is the majority of Muslims still believe their book is the true word and that the culture it promotes should overrule all. Hence the push to establish Sharia law. Here's couple of quotes from previous head of Muslim council of Britain..

"On Salman Rushdie "Death, perhaps, is a bit too easy for him his mind must be tormented for the rest of his life unless he asks for forgiveness to Almighty Allah.”

homosexuality is "not acceptable", same-sex civil partnerships are "harmful""

I'm not a fan of Rushdie nor am I fussed if gays want to marry, each to their own. That's not the way Muslims see things though, you live as their book demands or face the consequences, that is not compatible with western values so as I said earlier this is going to be an ongoing issue