Load Sensing Hydraulics

monkeybusiness

I would stand back, look, think and ask.

Mixing oc and cc hydraulics can get very expensive, plug the wrong pipe in, or open the wrong valve and the wrong time and ££££££.

having said that i use both pumps on a thru drive from transmission quite successfully. 80cc ls pump and 33cc gear pump at up to 2350rpm 190bar with 150 ltr tank.

Would a cc pump normally be mated to a cc motor? I wasn't aware such a thing existed, but as previously stated this is all new to me. Would the correct spool valve not sort all of that out?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would the correct spool valve not sort all of that out?

Basically, no.

It would work but boil itself to 130 degrees in a short space of time.

Sauer danfoss do a very nice proportioning valve that will run off 12v and manual, both ways, sprung return.

You need to find out what sort of hydraulic system this tractor is actually running, and go from there.

Would a cc pump normally be mated to a cc motor? I wasn't aware such a thing existed, but as previously stated this is all new to me. Would the correct spool valve not sort all of that out?

motors are not usually closed centre but what you will find is the control valve and the pump its matched to will be. the stuff that i do at work on material handlers are because the control valve is combined with the motor and its connected straight onto the pumps

I don't want to start faffing about with the existing motor built into the winch, I just want to get as much oil to it as possible from the existing set up without selling my granny! The Deutz dealer (who I trust and can't really speak highly enough of) has told me that they can supply a matched load sensing spool valve (1inch fittings, 150l/min) for approx £900 plus plumbing plus remote control. I have spoken to other hydraulic companies and been quoted as much as 2k for their interpretation of the same thing. All of these prices sound incredibly expensive to me.

I don't want to start faffing about with the existing motor built into the winch, I just want to get as much oil to it as possible from the existing set up without selling my granny! The Deutz dealer (who I trust and can't really speak highly enough of) has told me that they can supply a matched load sensing spool valve (1inch fittings, 150l/min) for approx £900 plus plumbing plus remote control. I have spoken to other hydraulic companies and been quoted as much as 2k for their interpretation of the same thing. All of these prices sound incredibly expensive to me.

For that kind of money jut put a pump on the PTO and plumb it into the tractors reservoir. Much simpler quicker and cheaper

i would go with the dealer for that kind of money i don't think 2k is out of this world price wise as said getting involved in hydraulics is very expensive the last valve block i bought was about 800-850 but it might be worthwhile trying other places

For that kind of money jut put a pump on the PTO and plumb it into the tractors reservoir. Much simpler quicker and cheaper

My concern with that option is overheating the back end of the tractor - a pto pump moving 150l/min circulates a lot more oil than the equivalent load sensing pump as it is pumping at full chat the whole time the pto is engaged, whether winching or not. The load sensing pump effectively only circulates lots of oil when the winch is actually spooling in or out. I think in this application if I end up going down the pto pump route I'll incorporate a separate reservoir.

i would go with the dealer for that kind of money i don't think 2k is out of this world price wise as said getting involved in hydraulics is very expensive the last valve block i bought was about 800-850 but it might be worthwhile trying other places

I think you are right - I tried Whitehouse hydraulics today but the fella I apparently need to speak to is off until next week. I'll see how they compare price-wise and go from there. The benefit of going through the dealer is that I'm confident they would get the job set up right, and iron out any niggles (which I'm realistically likely to encounter if I do it myself!).

My concern with that option is overheating the back end of the tractor - a pto pump moving 150l/min circulates a lot more oil than the equivalent load sensing pump as it is pumping at full chat the whole time the pto is engaged, whether winching or not. The load sensing pump effectively only circulates lots of oil when the winch is actually spooling in or out. I think in this application if I end up going down the pto pump route I'll incorporate a separate reservoir.

I wouldn't be that concerned about the heating, the tractor will have an oil cooler and when its not grafting and open centre valve isn't exactly generating volcano temperatures and not even anything like even under load.