Pros and cons of 6 way splitter knife in processor?

cessna

Due to customers wanting smaller logs (almost like large kindling to me !!!),I am considering using a 6 way splitting knife in my old Jappa 2100 processor,to save time/handling. Do any of you use or have you tried a 6way knife.

There must be some good and bad points using one.

Due to customers wanting smaller logs (almost like large kindling to me !!!),I am considering using a 6 way splitting knife in my old Jappa 2100 processor,to save time/handling. Do any of you use or have you tried a 6way knife.

There must be some good and bad points using one.

Morso are now specifying logs with a max diameter of 100mm. On test in my showroom Morso 7940 contempory stove small pieces of offcut OAK do burn the best with superb flame patterns. Hardwood standard size logs burn with the worst flame patterns, however in a traditional stove there is little difference as there is little firebox height to emphasis the flame patterns.

A

We use a binderberger 40t with 12 way cutting head and we split arb wood so there are lots of mix straight grained wood and knotty, the straight grained splits lovely with little waste but the knotty stuff is forced through the cutting head and come out all shapes. I burn all the small scraps my self.

Before we got this splitter we would not even bother wth the horrible knotty stuff as it was too much trouble.

If you split straight grain mostly then defiantly go for more knifes if not then consider you will need a LOT of ram power to force the wood through!

Ive got an 8way knife on my tajfun and works really well on big stuff. The hydraulic ram on the knife allows you to use the 8 way as a 2 way if the odd bit of smaller stuff goes through etc

Its very fast as well from the Youtube vids I have seen, liking it more and more especially given the price. How is it holding together so far ?.

A