Ride on mowers

dogman

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My current ramps are 2 metres long.

Rob

If your trailer has the wheels under the body, then you may find that, as the bed is quite high, the ramps will be a little steep.

They probably will not be too steep to drive up but the deck will likely ground on the edge between the deck and ramps. If done at speed this could lift the rear wheels off the ramps leaving you stuck.

To some extent this will also be influenced by the choice of mower, some lift higher than others.

Gardenkit your spot on in hindsight the x145 would have been the better option and to be fair to the JD dealer he said exactly the same. At the time id just spent a fortune flogging a dead horse of a Westwood mower trying to keep it going not to let the customers down. I had to raid the baby savings fund the missus wasn't best pleased so had to say no to the x145. But the x125 is a fantastic little mower far better than the crap I had before and it hasn't struggled with anything I've thrown at it done 40 hours so and just given it a major service ready for next year

Sorry Mike, but that is not the case. Compare the specs.

To be honest Barry the local JD dealer bought the new direct collect out to one of the sights we take care of and it's a good mower but it's no where near as good at cutting long wet grass as the Iseki. On paper it might out punch it but the reality is very different. None of the contractors locally have moved over to them yet.

To be honest Barry the local JD dealer bought the new direct collect out to one of the sights we take care of and it's a good mower but it's no where near as good at cutting long wet grass as the Iseki. On paper it might out punch it but the reality is very different. None of the contractors locally have moved over to them yet.

Fair enough Mike, and you may be right about the 950. I have no experience of this model.

Nothing wrong with Iseki.

I was really disputing your claim that JD copy others. Thats definitely not the case and JD sell many, many more mowers than Iseki and have a much larger range.

The X 100 series discussed in the last few posts has undergone a few changes but is basically the same concept as it was 15 years ago. Many have tried to copy it but none have done it any better and certainly not to the same value for money.

When I was looking for a mower I had a look at the Iseki and they were very keen to give me a demo, but insisted I wait a week for the grass to grow a bit and then leave it until a very wet day!

So they must be good in the wet for that degree of confidence.

Just taken this in part exchange....

All works as it should, 10hp Briggs engine.

If your interested, it'll be serviced, new deck drive belt, blades sharpened etc. can cut and drop, cut and collect, tow a garden spec trailer etc.

imagejpg1_zps0acacbdc.jpg

imagejpg2_zps2f6f39f3.jpg

imagejpg3_zpsb5089ceb.jpg

£400

Edited by GA Groundcare

Just taken this in part exchange....

All works as it should, 10hp Briggs engine.

If your interested, it'll be serviced, new deck drive belt, blades sharpened etc. can cut and drop, cut and collect, tow a garden spec trailer etc.

imagejpg1_zps0acacbdc.jpg

imagejpg2_zps2f6f39f3.jpg

imagejpg3_zpsb5089ceb.jpg

£400

with new decks and belts that's tempting, even if just to shift the cs 100 around with!

Where abouts are you? (you should update your profile to show this, it adds to your...............arbtalk trustyness, especially if you're a dealer of kit!)