RHI payments on Solar Drying

arboriculturist

Generous of you to share. As solar is practically fully automated appeals to me and using the sun is the greatest benefit!

Is it a major hurdle getting the Accreditation for RHI having installed it yourself?

Also any good Solar Tube and ancillary suppliers you could recommend?

Much appreciated.

Pretty straightforward so long as you use a MCS approved installer and an ofgem approved heat meter. As for tubes you really need as high a temperature as possible although your MCS installer will be able to advise and have deals available as nobody wants thermal solar at the moment as PV is so cheap.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty straightforward so long as you use a MCS approved installer and an ofgem approved heat meter. As for tubes you really need as high a temperature as possible although your MCS installer will be able to advise and have deals available as nobody wants thermal solar at the moment as PV is so cheap.

Do you still have to use MCS - as it is commercial?

Do you still have to use MCS - as it is commercial?

Depends on size see here

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/environmental-programmes/non-domestic-renewable-heat-incentive-rhi/eligibility-non-domestic-rhi

To me size was irrelevant as the reason why I was using the MCS guy was he new how to design the system to get the maximum out of the heat meter.

Edited by renewablejohn

Depends on size see here

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/environmental-programmes/non-domestic-renewable-heat-incentive-rhi/eligibility-non-domestic-rhi

To me size was irrelevant as the reason why I was using the MCS guy was he new how to design the system to get the maximum out of the heat meter.

Ah thanks - over 45KW no then.

Using an MCS guy makes sense, providing he/she has the knowledge/experience. Perhaps meet up with a few local installers and test the water.

Did they do the Accreditation admin. for you?

Ah thanks - over 45KW no then.

Using an MCS guy makes sense, providing he/she has the knowledge/experience. Perhaps meet up with a few local installers and test the water.

Did they do the Accreditation admin. for you?

Left it to them as there used to dealing with ofgem. I just get frustrated when dealing with ofgem.

Left it to them as there used to dealing with ofgem. I just get frustrated when dealing with ofgem.

I'm not surprised.

I found it difficult to make the figures stack up, as high price per panel for low KW/h output, multiplied up for a 20ft container requiring 12 panels.

Several years to break even.

Possibly why I have seen knowone else with similar setup.

Of course I may be missing something elementary, which is a shame as I like the whole principle.

I've not gone forward with my instillation for a number of reasons. The foremost been there's a firm on the horizon doing what log pro set out to do its good setup with a good product. As the guy is a friend they don't want to take all the RHI either.

The other been the fact I'm not going to get it sorted by Jan1st so I may as well sit back & see what develops.

How many panels should I be looking at for a 20ft hi-cube container - thinking around 12?

Not entirely sure how they are rated per panel.