110 Tipper.

Tom D

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I'm on a Land Rover thread, how many miles do you guys think a 130 has in her before she starts becoming a liability. I'm being offered one with 95k on clock fully arb boxed up. Any thoughts on what to look for maintenance wise....

theres a thread by mendip jon about land rover mileages and many have done close or over 200,000 and are still working hard

Now I'm on a Land Rover thread, how many miles do you guys think a 130 has in her before she starts becoming a liability. I'm being offered one with 95k on clock fully arb boxed up. Any thoughts on what to look for maintenance wise....

Cheers

Hi SPC what have you got mate 300TDI)TD5 thanks Jon

Cheers

HI SPC how old is the 110/130 your looking what engine we have a EX GAS LAND ROVER 110 HERE it been great old 200tdi well looked out to as it ex gas truck you have to look out to them do the oil 5/6k wax oil to metal work that help to cam belt if you have 200/300tdi there the better trucks thanks jon :thumbup:

HI SPC how old is the 110/130 your looking what engine we have a EX GAS LAND ROVER 110 HERE it been great old 200tdi well looked out to as it ex gas truck you have to look out to them do the oil 5/6k wax oil to metal work that help to cam belt if you have 200/300tdi there the better trucks thanks jon :thumbup:

Well looked after is what I'd expect for a landy to go for a long time. It is a 09 plate what I'm looking at so not old really.... How's available are you finding parts these days?

Well looked after is what I'd expect for a landy to go for a long time. It is a 09 plate what I'm looking at so not old really.... How's available are you finding parts these days?

HI SPC thats lap top job then to put right hows the gear box on it ok is it how many miles and out of warranty to so if goes wrong on the engine it going cost you thanks jon :thumbup:

HI SPC thats lap top job then to put right hows the gear box on it ok is it how many miles and out of warranty to so if goes wrong on the engine it going cost you thanks jon :thumbup:

95k miles on the clock and a new gearbox! That could be seen as both a good and a bad thing I'm sure!? Warranty is up so yes will be at my expense....

95k miles on the clock and a new gearbox! That could be seen as both a good and a bad thing I'm sure!? Warranty is up so yes will be at my expense....

HI SPC theres not many of 06/09 with there original gear boxes about if it cheap then that ok i was told that good TD5 WERE HOLDING MONEY BETTER THEN THEM 06/09 THANKS JON :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...
I would also recommend firing a heavy duty rear anti roll bar as once you have a chip box on the like to roll. I have just fitted one to my 130 and it has made a huge difference.

that things pretty stiff in the rear should see the springs on it! it's always been slow in coming down even with weight in must just have a restrictive fitting somewhere