Natural kindling

JDE

Thanks for the replies, some helpful advice advice there. Cutting it up will be the biggest job. I like the 'TR' branch logger sized bags in the youtube videos, visually they look quite salable, that's where I got the idea from, there is just too much lovely clean stuff to cut too just burn or chop the lot. Any ideas on an efficient way of proccessing it?

I bought one of these from a company in Poland and then constructed this (youtube) with some bits of scrap angle and plate I had. If you don't have a tractor you could easily make it standalone by adding an electric motor or engine with the right pulley ratio. There is a PTO spline on one side and a pulley spline on the other, I have used the pulley spline to mount a screw splitter so I can split cord wood too.

The TR branch loggers look good but way beyond my means as a small holder.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GGXKQ8Oabw]Branch Logging Hybrid Willow Coppice - YouTube[/ame]

branchlogger.jpg.d65bc7cec225f3fa1b68c28861d228c1.jpg

That looks ace, wish I could weld better lol. Do you think these machines will do a consistant, clean product to sell? I saw the TR branch logger at th APF, and thought the product was very inconsistant. Didnt get much help from anyone there either, but I do love the idea. Most of my wood wont be over 2 inches, and there is possibly another 250 yards of hedge to cut ontop of what I'm already doing.

Cutting willow over a pencil thickness no problem. Smaller than a pencil and if it is fresh green growth as in the video it does not cut clean - hence the pile of 'faggots' you can see us set aside. I think this is a part of the nature of willow as a wood however because when cutting oak and other hardwoods it cuts clean all the way to branch tips. I have the blades set to 0.5 mm gap, they could go a little closer but the willow faggots produced currently suit our needs.

We bought a branch logger a few years back. The machine works well but you have no say over the length of the product. The branch loggings burn fine but don't make good kindling as they are slow to light. Just this morning did a log delivery to friend who had a sack of branch loggings last time around. Asked him how he got on with them but he had stopped using them for kindling and reverted back to splitting his own from logs. As said further back I think it's the bark that makes it slow to catch. Could you sell your lengths of hazel as bean poles? Noticed a lot of garden centres now selling hazel lengths as bean poles but they probably don't pay much but would be better than nothing.

I bought one of these from a company in Poland and then constructed this (youtube) with some bits of scrap angle and plate I had. If you don't have a tractor you could easily make it standalone by adding an electric motor or engine with the right pulley ratio. There is a PTO spline on one side and a pulley spline on the other, I have used the pulley spline to mount a screw splitter so I can split cord wood too.

The TR branch loggers look good but way beyond my means as a small holder.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GGXKQ8Oabw]Branch Logging Hybrid Willow Coppice - YouTube[/ame]

That's excellent GreenGui, exactly what I'd like to build! So pretty please with sugar on top let us know who you got the basic machine from?

The company is Remet CNC Machining and the contact name is Paweł Piekut

kom;664751665

REMET CNC machining

Łowisko 346

36-053 Kamień

Strona g?ówna - REMET

MECHANZIM Rebak walcowy NOWO??!!! DWU WA?OWY (4819677035) - Allegro.pl - Wi?cej ni? aukcje.

I first made contact with them through Allegro and then purchased directly from the company, they issued an invoice which I made payment against and they shipped directly using DHL.

They only speak Polish so I had to use google translate.

They have another variation which you can see here; R?bak Walcowy NOWO??!! GRATIS Swider PROMOCJA!!!! (4819678904) - Allegro.pl - Wi?cej ni? aukcje.

There are several other machines on Allegro but obviously I can only vouch for Remet CNC

I purchased back in August, feel free to mention me (Guy Jones in France) and he will likely remember. Lastly, they have a 6 or 8 blade unit, I bought the 8 blade unit which was slightly more expensive but TBH the 6 blade unit would of worked just as well.