Husky 395xp compression figure

medroberts

Well that is the story I have had from the seller. But looking at the state of the bar(wear to the rails by the tip) I am not so sure?? That is why I was asking about the compression , as the 395's Ive seen preforming on you tube seem to fly through the wood in comparision(I know some are ported,modded etc) even the stock ones

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wisecobandit-pics of the saw as asked. Serial no shows built in 2014 , sixth week. Stubby- my wife fell about laughing with your last comment :lol::lol:

But on a serious note I bought a brand new 560xp 18" bar begining of the year (due to scum nicking my 357) and I am delighted with it power etc... So when I thought of replacing the sthil 056av with a 395xp I thought I was going to be pleased also:thumbup1::thumbup1:

Spud-what do you think about my compression reading ?

I guess I just want to know that the saw is preforming as it should. Was thinking of replacing the knackered 24"bar and chain for a 28" set up, but Iam concerned about how it will handle this ..... Comments please...

P1010786.JPG.c0305cea6f9ed3c9d396f6e99a094d86.JPG

P1010785.JPG.9dfc84f82d820f03642bd99f364a5db9.JPG

P1010783.JPG.15fdfe9e9ce806db47369c2eed987691.JPG

P1010779.JPG.e401f0c39407ff9deebdb965f5a83325.JPG

P1010780.JPG.d397ed4dc04fc25b09c22acfa23f7a97.JPG

On a 24" it should be nothing short of mental ! I run mine on a 36" .404 and its a grunt monster . Mine has a twin port muffler which should bring it up to 7.1HP instead of the restricted 6 something HP strangled up figure . If you are not happy with the performance on a 24" bar there is something wrong .

used my new jonny 2188 today(same as 390 xp) 28", nose buried in oak,i couldnt bog it,fantastic grunt, something is amiss if you are running a 24" and not happy, mine is a skip chain admittedly , but a 395 should be a nutter with a 24" as stubby said