First arb vehicle - van or truck? New or used? Buy or lease?

Shipwrecked Bones

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been looking at a few different tippers, including Transits, Cabstars and LDV's... All the insurance quotes seem to be £3000+!! I am only 19, but my Navara Aventura is with Aviva and they wouldn't quote me :( Who's everyone else using? Cheers

when i was 19 my ldv was 500 with the post office that wasnt too long ago when insurance on the equivalent little car was around the 3k mark

Just to far for me fuel and time wise or I would of had it. It has 7 months mot so gotta be a goer for someone :thumbup1:

Shame I'm not still working in Stafford or I would have driven it up.

I'll hitch it up to one of our redundant Kwikchips (one spoken for so far) and take some pictures of it working as an outfit.

when i was 19 my ldv was 500 with the post office that wasnt too long ago when insurance on the equivalent little car was around the 3k mark

Yep, I agree... All of my friends are paying £2000+ for old cars. It's blooming ridiculous!! My girlfriend is paying £1400+ for a Ford Fiesta 03 and that's with a stupid black box!

Shame I'm not still working in Stafford or I would have driven it up.

I'll hitch it up to one of our redundant Kwikchips (one spoken for so far) and take some pictures of it working as an outfit.

Kwikchip2.jpg.4470eb818143b217c27262b24d20df8e.jpg

There you go a complete business starter kit complete with apprentice demonstrating how to fall headlong into chipper hopper!

first truck is the ldv and probably the cheapest and toughest truck you can buy, has the Peugeot engine and bomb proof gearbox, top speed 45mph down a hill. got it with 21k

second is an iveco 35c12 bought this at auction for £1600 with only 60k on the clock, again virtually new truck and has breezed through two mots.

the best place to get truck is at a council auction because there is 40-50 trucks that make around £300 - £2500.

DSC_0186.jpg.3a1b9598ce3d30d9c3fdc4dfbc240de5.jpg

DSC_0166.jpg.036523ef8fd55dbe600bf1aacca14c1c.jpg