bats!

sean

Join your local bat group, you get emailed all thats going on plus changes in legislation law etc and when they do meet you will learn alot and i couldnt agree more with dean as they can be rude and very closed rank, you just have to humer them! The bat conservation trust is also a good one to join as with out the group meets unless you pay for them you get info packs every so often news changes etc!

i couldnt agree more with dean as they can be rude and very closed rank, you just have to humer them! The bat conservation trust is also a good one to join as with out the group meets unless you pay for them you get info packs every so often news changes etc!

I found them quite Batty..

I'll try the Bat Conservation Trust Jenny, thanks for that :001_smile:

Dont want to put a downer on the joining a group bit, BUT, I joined our local group nearly a year ago, and also tried to get into the Bat Conservation Trust, and offered my services (FREE) but was treated as if i was a murderer! One guy even said "Oh, a tree surgeon eh? I recon they are responsible for the national decline in numbers of bats over the last 30 years!"

Although i will try my best to avoid any disturbance of any wildlife habitat, i will not get involved with any of the groups!

Just my ten.

Surely sticking an endoscope in is better than cutting them out? Its impossible to to get a licensed bat handler in to inspect every tree we work in. Its also a miniscule chance of sticking into the middle of a roost. But it may help to detect signs of bat use etc?

I you do get caught by batman just say you were looking for nesting birds and not bats :001_smile:

It is silly that you cant go looking for them, better to chop right through a roost :confused1: